What's new

Question about MadCatz TE stick, round 1

I've had this puppy for a while, ever since SFIV was out (which I've since dropped), and the whole time through, I couldn't help but notice something peculiar. Something that I couldn't quite put my finger on until now.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though the response time between engaging the microswitches of any direction feels slightly delayed. I could move the stick in a given direction that's required of a command normal or a special move at the exact moment I hit its designated face button, and it just doesn't come out. I don't know if it's my timing, or the possibility that the stock stick isn't really that great. I'm wondering if I'll need a drop-in replacement, because it is seriously killing my Kabal practice, and it's been that way for at least five days straight.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
I've had this puppy for a while, ever since SFIV was out (which I've since dropped), and the whole time through, I couldn't help but notice something peculiar. Something that I couldn't quite put my finger on until now.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though the response time between engaging the microswitches of any direction feels slightly delayed. I could move the stick in a given direction that's required of a command normal or a special move at the exact moment I hit its designated face button, and it just doesn't come out. I don't know if it's my timing, or the possibility that the stock stick isn't really that great. I'm wondering if I'll need a drop-in replacement, because it is seriously killing my Kabal practice, and it's been that way for at least five days straight.
How are you setting the LS - DP - RS switch?? It should be on Directional Pad (DP), if the switch is on analogue there is some delay in most cases.

Yeah, it's set to DP. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference either way.

I've been told that the stock stick in the TE isn't quite up to par with an authentic Sanwa stick. Or is that just the SE?

Satan1

Ice Pirate
It is a Sanwa JLF that's inside a TE, so that shouldn't be the problem. Round 1 have PCB problems, I just don't know if this could be one of them...

You say you have problems with the moves/normals, but is your character's movement delayed when you press directions?? Otherwise your timing will be a bit off...

MaceWind

Crazy 88
Perhaps this is the right thread for this. I just got a Madcatz R2 TE stick with an MK panel. Where the hell is L2? Can I reconfigure something to use my select button as L2? Its no real biggie but I cannot select the "chat" option online.