What's new

Question about HItbox's

The Dragon Chief

#BuffKenshi2016
I would like to get a Hitbox so that I can play fighting games with high execution. My problem is I own both Xbox One and PS4 and I pretty evenly play both. I pretty much only play MKX and I need to know that if I get the Xbox One Hitbox, is there a converter I can buy to make it work on my PS4 also or do i have to buy the PS3/XB360/PC edition and get a way to convert it to Xbox One and possibly find a way to convert it to PS4 Street Fighter V when that comes out? The main question is... I want to buy one Hitbox and have it work on both my systems, how do I do that?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Is... is this a troll or am I just out of the loop?

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
He means a hitbox controller and not actual fighting game mechanic hitbox.

But PS4 MKX has the legacy option for PS3 sticks. So you could get a PS3 hitbox and mod it for X1. Legacy is cancer though and I would suggest just saving up some money and mod it for both new gen systems.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Questions usually aren't trolling.
The converter industry needs work, man. Some get banned for console damage, some have lag, some require being reset every eight minutes... I'm not sure if hitbox converters exist

The Dragon Chief

#BuffKenshi2016
He means a hitbox controller and not actual fighting game mechanic hitbox.

But PS4 MKX has the legacy option for PS3 sticks. So you could get a PS3 hitbox and mod it for X1. Legacy is cancer though and I would suggest just saving up some money and mod it for both new gen systems.
So am I supposed to buy a last gen hitbox and mod it for both new consoles or do i get the Xbox One hitbox and mod it for PS4 too? (I probably have no clue what I am talking about)

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
So am I supposed to buy a last gen hitbox and mod it for both new consoles or do i get the Xbox One hitbox and mod it for PS4 too? (I probably have no clue what I am talking about)
I think the official hitbox arcade has preorders for a PS4 hitbox. I don't think they make them for X1 unless you get it made custom. It's like $100 just to mod it for PS4. So, if you are just planning on playing MKX with it then I would just get a PS3 hitbox and mod it for X1. But if you plan on playing SFV with it, then you are more than likely going to want to get it modded for PS4.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Gummo mods it for 140 I think. I have my Hitbox modded for 360 xbone ps3 ps4 and pc. It's pricey but if you're a serious tournament player it's the most practical solution.

E

Eldriken

For $200 more bucks I can buy two hitboxes...
If you spend the extra $200 for someone to mod it, it will work on a multitude of platforms. Like Cossner above said, his was modded for $140 and works on five different platforms. You can't really go wrong with that.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
If you spend the extra $200 for someone to mod it, it will work on a multitude of platforms. Like Cossner above said, his was modded for $140 and works on five different platforms. You can't really go wrong with that.
Kinda 140x2 but then again I travel a lot and Im not gonna carry 2 hitboxes around.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
For $200 more bucks I can buy two hitboxes...
Maybe that could be an option for you.
I live in AZ, we have two really good modders. Anomaly arcade, and Frank castles. Both great friends, frank has fixed my stick before. They may be able to help you for cheaper