What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi's current tier place (as a whole character)?

To which tier does Quan Chi belong right now (as a whole character)?

• Total voters
Hello good folks of TYM,

I've been lately on some twitch chats and saw people claiming that "Quan Chi sucks". When I tried to give a thoughtful argument for example he has the best zoning and antizoning in the game, people were acting and saying that I am upplaying him. So with the latest nerfs, did Quan Chi really become less than A Tier?

Looking forward for your answers and the poll results.

Have a great day everyone.

Same here. I really can't think how anyone could say that he sucks. He still has his HTB dirt in Summoner, best zoning/anti-zoning of the game in all 3 variations. It's true that he only has one good wakeup in Warlock, but that doesn't make the other two variations any less than A+Tier.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm still not quite sure why all these + tiers have to be there. I don't have good reference has to what the difference is between a normal tier and the + one. So A-tier means quite good while A+ means really quite good? Then S-tier is like top 10 and S+ top 5 or something? And what is even the difference between B and B+?

Rant aside, I picked A+. Top 10 (as a WHOLE character) is definitely possible for Quan, but some characters/variations have their safe 50/50s, jailing pressure and whatnot that outperforms Quan's general meter reliance. Summoner is still great (anyone that thinks otherwise should watch Dink play), Sorcerer has always been great with the armor spell and now that the meter drain spell is also really good this variation is amazing, and lastly Warlock gives Quan terrific anti-zoning and a launching armored wakeup. Quan is still a great character.

I'm still not quite sure why all these + tiers have to be there. I don't have good reference has to what the difference is between a normal tier and the + one. So A-tier means quite good while A+ means really quite good? Then S-tier is like top 10 and S+ top 5 or something? And what is even the difference between B and B+?

Rant aside, I picked A+. Top 10 (as a WHOLE character) is definitely possible for Quan, but some characters/variations have their safe 50/50s, jailing pressure and whatnot that outperforms Quan's general meter reliance. Summoner is still great (anyone that thinks otherwise should watch Dink play), Sorcerer has always been great with the armor spell and now that the meter drain spell is also really good this variation is amazing, and lastly Warlock gives Quan terrific anti-zoning and a launching armored wakeup. Quan is still a great character.
I Just put the + in because every other variation list have them. Irrc + means close to the next higher tier level.

Also I agree completely with what you said. Don't forget Yomi's Michaelangelo. ;)

Tweedy

Noob
D'vorah's armor is trash, her fastest poke is 2f slower than Quan's d1, she still S tier.
Quan is A+ at least
Yeah but she also has one of the stronger neutrals in the game with D4 and F1, she can jail off of F1 on block and jail into 50/50s off of D4 on hit. Her 50/50s are safe on block.

You can't just pick out like a couple attributes of a character, and make a relevant comparison. Kenshi and Alien both have 7 frame D1s and they have the same jump 1, but Alien is S tier and Kenshi is A- or B+ tier. Lol wut brah?