What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi X-Ray Bug

Gamer68

Fujin!
This is a bug that me and someone else discovered while playing Test Your Luck. After it happened, we headed over to Practice mode to test it out and see if it always works. It turns out, it always works.

When Quan Chi does his X-ray attack, he throws out a projectile and gains 5 hits of armor. Once the projectile hits, it will transition into the X-ray. However, if you were to throw the projectile and get hit 6 times (which breaks his armor) it will stop the transition; but leave the opponent in a stun state. The animation that happens is the same animation that happens at the beginning of the X-ray, but slower.

Since the opponent is in a stun state, this allows you to dash or run in to do follow-up combos. This is a video showing off the bug, and some simple ways to follow-up.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Remember, since you do the X-Ray, you have no meter left. This of course means that you can only follow-up with meterless combos.

Gamer68

Fujin!
@Under_The_Mayo

I saw you were a "Quan scientist", so I was wondering if you could take a look at this? It's nothing major, but it is a bug. I'm not that great of a Quan Chi player, which means I'm not good at doing combos with him. Do you know any combos that could be used as a follow-up to this? If course it will have to be meterless combos since it uses an X-Ray. But anyway, I'm just wondering how bad this bug could be if you do a great follow-up.

mfkaoz

Banned
@Under_The_Mayo

I saw you were a "Quan scientist", so I was wondering if you could take a look at this? It's nothing major, but it is a bug. I'm not that great of a Quan Chi player, which means I'm not good at doing combos with him. Do you know any combos that could be used as a follow-up to this? If course it will have to be meterless combos since it uses an X-Ray. But anyway, I'm just wondering how bad this bug could be if you do a great follow-up.
You can definitely get his vortex going off of this. She doesn't get popped up so there shouldn't be any gravity involved. Of course it's EXTREMELY situational but in the case that it does happen the other person will be super salty lol.

Gamer68

Fujin!
You can definitely get his vortex going off of this. She doesn't get popped up so there shouldn't be any gravity involved. Of course it's EXTREMELY situational but in the case that it does happen the other person will be super salty lol.
I know this probably sounds dumb, but could you explain what a vortex is? Or maybe give me a link to something that showcases it?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I say let it right. This will basically never happen, or happen so rarely that it'll just be amusing. You could run up and do F2122, and you wouldn't get more damage than the Xray. And having no meter means you can't get that much anyway. Let it ride.

mfkaoz

Banned
I know this probably sounds dumb, but could you explain what a vortex is? Or maybe give me a link to something that showcases it?
A vortex is when you put your opponent in a situation where they have to guess whether you're gonna mix them up either high or low. In Quan's case after trance he can do d3 which leaves him at enough hit advantage to mix the opponent up either high or low and reset the combo.
Here's a video by Pig showcasing his vortex.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I say let it right. This will basically never happen, or happen so rarely that it'll just be amusing. You could run up and do F2122, and you wouldn't get more damage than the Xray. And having no meter means you can't get that much anyway. Let it ride.
I figured you wouldn't be able to do much off it. And yeah, this will be very hard to pull off. I'm pretty sure Cassie is the only character that can shoot 6 projectiles across full-screen like that. So this will only happen in some Quan Chi vs. Cassie Cage match-ups. Anyway, thanks for taking a look!

A vortex is when you put your opponent in a situation where they have to guess whether you're gonna mix them up either high or low. In Quan's case after trance he can do d3 which leaves him at enough hit advantage to mix the opponent up either high or low and reset the combo.
Here's a video by Pig showcasing his vortex.
Okay, thanks for explaining this! This will probably be your best follow-up option. That, or if your opponent is so low on health you can do a small combo to finish them.