What's new

Quan Chi Up fk and up bk *TECH TRICKS*

* Sorry no vid. maybe next time *

Hello Im new to this site but im no noob to MK and everything that has anything to do with mk.
So when i visit this site and see that other people includeing "Pros" were not useing this trick against all these "top Tier" characters, I had to post it. my gift to you.

Okay! so when you use up BK or up FK you will see that Quan Chi will do his attack with a little hop off the ground to it.

What does it do?
long story short you can use this attack to hop over ALL low attack instances!

It gets better, when quan chi lands his hop the attack refreshes almost instantly allowing you to punish safe moves like Kung lo low hat, kabals saw, etc All low attack instances (least to my knowledge) also it will dodge stuff like scorpion fire and ermac lift.

be warned that these attacks have a slow start, but fast enough to bate and tech low projectiles. But its not that slow! So don't go crying that its 50/50 your going to make it.

also

Up FK attacks over head! NICE!
and can be used to start a combo!
and has great range!

TRY IT!!! really when you get it, its like the most gratifying thing ever. Truely the sweetest juice

P.S.

Lots of characters can do this trick!!!

Sindel
Ermac
Baraka
Jade ( sort of.. not really )
Mileena
Cyrax ( un comfired... hopefully doesn't )
Sektor
Cyber Sub Zero
Skarlet
Freddy Kruger (un comfired)

and of course your pale Quan Chi

some of these characters can also use as combo starters.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Hey folks.

So...save your time, I tried this out.

While its possible to do this, its not at all easy enough to do this every time, ON reaction. Hell, me and Curse sat in private for about a solid 10 minutes using nothing but low hats, U+3 and Standing 4.

U+3 is much much easier to do, but it does NOT have a fast recovery on wiff. Standing 4 is much harder to get over the projectile, however it does have a short recovery...

However, either of these options are about dead impossible to do up close, on reaction, in the heat of a match. Even if you happen to get over the projectile, the opponent has plenty of time to recover in time to either block or follow up. The ONLY way this will work combo/hit wise, is if you manage to "guess" a low projectile is coming out, and you U+3 it. (Also, in this case, a blocked Kung Lao string of 1, 1, 2 xx low hat throw cannot be punished with U+3, since the string jails you into blocking. Sad face)

A neat trick, but im sorry, I don't see this slipping into my Quan Chi gameplay =/ Thanks for posting it though, its quite entertaining =D

Pagan

Noob
This is an interesting idea and welcome to the forum.

I think a better use for this would be up close where the opponent is going to throw out d3 or d4. Hell this might be really good against characters with nasty d4's like Sub and Mileena. Projectiles though I think you got better options.

All things considered though I was expecting I typically flinch when a newbie posts a thread but I actually think this is pondering. Thanks for the post.

-Pagan

Hey guys.

Very good points you have made. It may seem to work but may not seem useful ... yet.

U3 does hit overhead and can be linked into mind control for a pretty beefy punish. Also fewer normals have that kind of range. its perfect for the start of a match as it can reach right out the gate. This is good because it can break and punish many dash attacks and jump over ALL lows.

When fighting a Noob Saibot player, they like to zone you with clones, ounce you get to mid screen and jump a clone, they will try to pick you out of the air with (*place attack name here*). U3 will close that distance easily; bate low clone for U3 into mind control then follow up with what ever you got.