What's new

Question - Sorcerer Quan Chi Double spell more

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
how is this not practical? you get free armor constantly against someone that is trapped in the corner, in what way is that not useful?
Because you usually have just enough time to safely set up one portal. Setting up 2 with no retaliation is basically you fighting someone who is napping.

Arzumis

Noob
It works like this
Summon chip spell
Then summon armor spell
8 seconds in to the armor spell summon chip again
Armor spell should still be out when you summoned the chip spell
Then after the armor spell runs out summon another chip spell

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Because you usually have just enough time to safely set up one portal. Setting up 2 with no retaliation is basically you fighting someone who is napping.
you can set up portals infinitely if you know how to do it, pnd mustard or ketchup i forgot which one tbh poosted a tutorial on how to do it

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
you can set up portals infinitely if you know how to do it, pnd mustard or ketchup i forgot which one tbh poosted a tutorial on how to do it
Yes, you can. That doesn't mean in an actual match you will.
But by all means, please try to spawn 2 portals in the time it takes me to punch you twice.

I mean you can win EVO as Goro by doing nothing but punchwalk.
But you aren't likely to actually accomplish it.

MrProfDrPepper

But by all means, please try to spawn 2 portals in the time it takes me to punch you twice.

let me specify, setting up infinite portals SAFELY. with no chance of getting hit out of it. as i said, one of the condiments did a tutorial on how to do it completely safely

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
think of it this way. kotal kahn can do a 91% combo in blood god with crystal totem + offering. is it viable, eh somewhat. is it absolutely hilarious to do against noobs in ranked? FUCK YES. if I just started the game and i get instakilled with an ex rune i would sell my game

MrProfDrPepper

okay i would like to apologize since i read the title and i assumed you meant the set up where after every corner combo you put in a armor circle, my bad i feel like a massive jackass, your right it does not really look all that practical, yes i am an idiot/asshole for not even looking at the video, my bad

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
let me specify, setting up infinite portals SAFELY. with no chance of getting hit out of it. as i said, one of the condiments did a tutorial on how to do it completely safely
I saw the video. "safely" is one of those key words. The entire thing basically depends on the opponent letting you set up a hex, vortex them, set up armor, guess wrong on the 50/50, take a knockdown and sit in hex and don't interrupt him setting up a second portal, eating another vortex.

By that point the round might as well be over anyways since your opponent is either incapable of getting out of the vortex anyways, or so on.

I do believe it could be done, but honestly if you're so far along and in such control of the match where you manage it, you probably would win without it.

okay i would like to apologize since i read the title and i assumed you meant the set up where after every corner combo you put in a armor circle, my bad i feel like a massive jackass, your right it does not really look all that practical, yes i am an idiot/asshole for not even looking at the video, my bad
Don't worry about it. I'm kinda doing a blanket thing as far as all of it goes.