What's new

Tech - Sorcerer Quan Chi can't override rune circles anymore?

Solignac

Noob
I don't know if I'm just crazy but I thought Quan Chi could override his Armor Rune with a Hex Rune and vice versa. This doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I didn't think he could ever do that.

It seems to me like Quan Chi got buffed. My Quan isn't great, but he seems better now.

Solignac

Noob
I'm not even talking about the multiple circle glitch, I just mean if i get an armor circle out, skull my opponent or something, then try for hex, nothing comes out. I know there are setups in the corner for timing another armor rune to come out just as the one already on the ground disappears. Looks to be like this is the only setup you can do now. Lets say you have an armor rune on oki and you catch your opponent through a string with the armor, you can't set up a rune trap as easy seeing as you can't override the armor with the hex.

AeWhole

Noob
Nah, you could never do that. You have to wait the circle's full duration. You might have encountered the bug early on. That bug though is definitely patched. It was fun though.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
What you see in those matchups is the Quan player being GDLK and keeping a 10 second counter in their head at all times.

When a Hex is summoned immediately as the armour disappears, they've created the hex at the perfect time so it looks like the previous spell is being replaced. But the reality is that they just timed it perfectly so the Hex comes out within a few frames of the previous spell vanishing due to the time running out.

AeWhole

Noob
What you see in those matchups is the Quan player being GDLK and keeping a 10 second counter in their head at all times.

When a Hex is summoned immediately as the armour disappears, they've created the hex at the perfect time so it looks like the previous spell is being replaced. But the reality is that they just timed it perfectly so the Hex comes out within a few frames of the previous spell vanishing due to the time running out.
It's not too hard to time either there's a counter at the top of the screen. Also ten seconds happens a lot faster than you think when you aren't watching the seconds tick away.