What's new

punishing mileena's tele kick

I'm having some trouble with this. After block, I heard d1 into lift is the best, but my d1 rarely hits. It's always too late or too soon, and the sai at the end makes it safe all the time?. And is there a way to get around it if you know it's coming? Jumping doesn't seem to work at all.

BTW i play online mostly.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

zaf

professor
lucky enough for me i play mileena the most.

you can punish her regular tele kick with no sai by doing d1~ lift
you can punish her regular tele kick with sai by doing lift.

you can also punish her ex tele kick with or without sai by doing d1 lift.

only way she can make ex tele kick 100% safe is to do ex tele kick into ex sai. this you can do nothing about.

if you want just go to youtube and type in zaf vs jer, you will see our videos and how to punish her move.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
What the heck Zaf...punish her regular telekick, Sai's or not...with this.
AA Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch,:fp or :d+:fp~TKS, Dash,:l+:fp:bp:r+:fp, Dash, TKP
39-40%

zaf

professor
you try some shit like that and any mileena player with a brain with mix up her sai timing after the tele kick.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
What the heck Zaf...punish her regular telekick, Sai's or not...with this.
AA Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch,:fp or :d+:fp~TKS, Dash,:l+:fp:bp:r+:fp, Dash, TKP
39-40%
If the sai's are timed right, you can't go in for safe AA jump kick.

Regardless, the fact that you're at risk while "punishing" someone is crazy.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Really the AA jump kick beats most of her AA sai timing.
The good part is that the timing of the teleport is really the same no matter what...

I actually know this one from both ends.

zaf

professor
trust me man, from playing JER all the time, i know the mileena match up probably better then anyone else.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Putting a standing FP or BP in front of the combo works too.
Keep in mind I only play offline, and mainly on CRT's.

Somberness

Lights
Teleport is -17 with sai (minimum) or -19 without it against Ermac. It is below average but there is no timing to the sai that Mileena can interrupt your attack, you recover before she gets in range and it has 18 startup frames. It should be no problem doing lift or standing 1/2. Provided you are fast enough, of course. Just whatever you do, do not ever crouch block the regular teleport.

SpideR

Noob
versus telekick and sai cancel...the best is d1 ,lift
but versus EX telekick and sai cancel dosent work very well

zaf

professor
you can punish ex tele kick or ex tele kick into sai, with d1 lift.
either wait for her last hit of the tele kick then d1 and lift
or if she does her sai, wait for it to pass your head then do d1 lift.
you cant punish ex tele kick into ex sai as far as i know.

OtteNx

Banned
you can punish ex tele kick or ex tele kick into sai, with d1 lift.
either wait for her last hit of the tele kick then d1 and lift
or if she does her sai, wait for it to pass your head then do d1 lift.
you cant punish ex tele kick into ex sai as far as i know.
I could never punish mileena ex td, sai with a d1 lift, i prefer in this case use an uppercut, it have a godo rate of sucess :)

Error

DF2+R2
In training I was able to punish ex telekick with standing 1 into full combo, but D1's the better choice.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Standing 1 would get Air Sai'd from the EX Telekick I would imagine...
I was fighting Mileena again the other day with Ermac, and beyond the shadow of a doubt I know

Counter Telekick with Jump Kick~Teleport Punch combo for 39% (air sai can't hit you no matter how he times it)
Counter EX Telekick with D1~Lift for hopefully 32% (the 22~TKP is hardish to hit here, but with a Dash before the jump kick I find it can connect most of the time)

I play defensively against mileena to bait her moves for punish. If you block a normal dive kick just tks her for juggle. The ex dive kick is a little more tricky, I usually just block the entire move and dash in with forward, 4 or a grab