What's new

Punishing Cage's Flip Kick

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I've been trying a few different options over the last few days and can't seem to get a really satisfying answer. At the moment I'm left with doing b3,4 which Cage can block. However it's safe on block and you can confirm a TU if it connects. If Cage tries to do anything else (another flip kick, attack, grab) you will beat him. However Cage can block this!

Is there anything out there that is a sure fire punish?

(Things I can confirm do not work: uppercut,throw,jump over,tu)

Thank you for you help in advance.

kisan

Noob
I think sektor has a fast enough uppercut that can punish it.
most of the cast can only punish with a d1 if they don't have a very fast uppercut/special.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I'm not playing at the moment and have not tried this, so I could be talking out of my ass, but have you tried stance? It seems that JC will be forced to choose between blocking high or low. If you cancel into dash, free throw attempt. Every time you block his flipkick, hes entering a 33% scenario. Again, I could be smoking crack.

Cage's flip kick is safe on block from the right distances. There's no sure-fire punish. What you worked out is probably the best answer to it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Tanks for the help guys. If you uppercut too early Cage can return fire with his own uppercut, if you wait too long he can flip kick again. On top of this, uppercut will actually never hit him.

The stance is great in theory, but after all my practice against a really great Cage player it takes too much time and can be flip kicked out of if you take your time with it. What sucks even more is that the medium is not hit confirm able to a teleport uppercut. You could use an EX-tu to make it safe just in case, to me though - it's a waste of a bar.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
I remember fighting Johnny Cage's online, that flash kick was terrible.

My zoning kept him at bay for a while, but when he got in there, the kicks were and combos were too much.