What's new

Question - Kung Lao punish help!

how do you guys punish people with kung lao? I was playing a scorpion and was having alot of trouble punishing his strings and teleport. I know Kung lao isnt the best in this game but i really enjoy using him but not if he doesn't have a proper punish so any help would be appreciated.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
cant tell if trolling...... if not then the obvious answer is his spin or EX spin. it can punish 99% of the moves in the game

Up close 11212 for tight punishes and f23 for anything else. use b321 for things that are really punishable and when you want to do more damage. You should only use ex spin to punish when ex spin is the only thing that is fast enough to get the job done. For example I use ex spin for the ice explosion.

MrProfDrPepper

What do you mean. His only invincible wake up is ex spin.
cant he stuff a lot of the characters in the game who are trying to hit him while waking up? a lot of kung laos have stuffed my shit, but then again i main kenshi and he is slow as nutsack so that is probably why :/

cant he stuff a lot of the characters in the game who are trying to hit him while waking up? a lot of kung laos have stuffed my shit, but then again i main kenshi and he is slow as nutsack so that is probably why :/
No you can hit him out of anything else buy ex spin. And if you have a fast armor breaking move like kung jin you can also hit him out of ex spin. Don't blame it on kenshi I stuff wakeups with a 15 frame string.

MrProfDrPepper

No you can hit him out of anything else buy ex spin. And if you have a fast armor breaking move like kung jin you can also hit him out of ex spin. Don't blame it on kenshi I stuff wakeups with a 15 frame string.
okay i wont blame it on kenshi, i blame it on myself for sucking

damn never thought of f23 for some reason, it even advances a little. Thanks guys.
It actually has even more range than b321. Just make sure you only use it for punishes, because it is his most punishable string, there is a gap in between and it is full combo punishable by pretty much anything on block.

Btw guys I provided a little misinformation. If you want to go for high damage punishes go for 44 and not b321, only go for b321 to punish if 44 cant get the job done. 44 gets you 38% meterless anywhere on the screen. The combo is 44 run b321spin jk dk, jk dk

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Btw guys I provided a little misinformation. If you want to go for high damage punishes go for 44 and not b321, only go for b321 to punish if 44 cant get the job done. 44 gets you 38% meterless anywhere on the screen. The combo is 44 run b321spin jk dk, jk dk

I've been using 44 from day one, it's insane. Especially in the corner.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Only for punishes though, there is a big gap in between so it is highly punishable
I just meant with casuals lol, my bad. It's very punishable. If I'm playing at a high level I tend to avoid it and just go for the safe strings. I play with a couple friends who were bodying me with the 44.