What's new

PSA: Ultra easy way to get titan skins

So I know a lot of people are familiar with the time change trick at this point to go back and get seasonal skins and titan skins, but one other thing to know is you can also change your time to during the scorpion season to buy items from shop. The reason this matters is if you currently have a Windbreaker, you can go back to like Nov 6, go to shang's lab, buy up a grip of ethereal talismans, change the time back to something like Nov 19, and go nuts on Baraka/Shao.

One other thing I'm curious about. I went back to the Scorpion season and checked out Kombat League, and it showed all the old rewards. What I wonder is, if you get a higher tier during the blood moon season than you did for spectre, and then roll your clock back, do you immediately get the spectre rewards?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
what is the "time trick" and how do you do it on PS5? I have 100s of 1000s of Seasonal and Gold Koins with nothing to spend it on and missed a lot of season 1....

You just close the game, go to your system settings, set the time manually to whatever you want, open the game, and you've traveled in time to whatever the state was on the day, but you have all your current stuff. So you can revisit the past Invasions, do titan battles if there was a titan battle that day, buy stuff from the previous seasonal store, it shows your progress on that season's Kombat League, etc. Even the kollector shops are loaded with whatever was on offer that hour, so if it doesn't have what you want, just change to a different hour.

For a live service, always online game, it's kinda crazy how much logic is built around your local clock.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
This is insanely stupid. Doubly so because they dont let you use Havik/Shang whatever without an internet connection lmao.

You just close the game, go to your system settings, set the time manually to whatever you want, open the game, and you've traveled in time to whatever the state was on the day, but you have all your current stuff. So you can revisit the past Invasions, do titan battles if there was a titan battle that day, buy stuff from the previous seasonal store, it shows your progress on that season's Kombat League, etc. Even the kollector shops are loaded with whatever was on offer that hour, so if it doesn't have what you want, just change to a different hour.

For a live service, always online game, it's kinda crazy how much logic is built around your local clock.
dumb question but has anyone tried going forward in time? For future invasions/rewards?

dumb question but has anyone tried going forward in time? For future invasions/rewards?
this may be possible in terms of accessing certain content early,but it has to be added to the games files first and the local time could be a trigger.

for example the games files structer for current content as it was added is REL_Day1 REL_MasterySystem REL_seasonOfFire REL_SeasonOfBlood REL_omniman REL_TremorKAM

if the local time is the triger then,if lets say, the content intended for quan chis release along side him is added 1 week before we get to accesses it in a REL_QuanChi folder we could potentially play him early and see the store with new skins and stuff by changing the date to that day in the future.

CipherJ

Noob
I don’t know if I can do this on PC, but I will try tomorrow. Will let you know.

I missed Titan Baraka skins and want to try to get some of them.

Last edited: