What's new

PS4 version crashing multiple times a day

SquidlyB

Noob
Anyone else on ps4 experiencing their game crashing regularly? Seems to happen whenever I play towers. Thought the last patch would fix this but still, whenever I give towers another try it never fails that the game crashes. I've never played a game that crashes this much on ps4.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm on the PS4, but I haven't crashed once on mine. A friend of mine has had it happen once though.

SquidlyB

Noob
I didn't cheat in the krypt, not that I know of. I think my data may be corrupted from a previous time it crashed while saving. Honestly don't know what to do, incredibly annoying considering towers is one of the main ways to unlock stuff.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Mine has only crashed once. It was after finish a bosstower, before the rewards came up. Reloaded the game, and it didn’t count. Had to do it again. I was quite annoyed but luckily it was only a single fight.

HAMMER

Noob
Does your ps4 sound like a jet about to take off? Maybe you need to knock the dust out.
Mine sounds like a jet when it's on playing a disc. It's so fucking annoying. I played COD 2018 all of 2018 and it never sounded like any loud noise. Now on this game (which is my next after COD 2018); it sounds like a lawn mower.

Also, I haven't had my game crash; but, this is what you get when NRS makes this shit online only.

SquidlyB

Noob
Mine sounds like a jet when it's on playing a disc. It's so fucking annoying. I played COD 2018 all of 2018 and it never sounded like any loud noise. Now on this game (which is my next after COD 2018); it sounds like a lawn mower.

Also, I haven't had my game crash; but, this is what you get when NRS makes this shit online only.
LOL my ps4 is loud af when playing mk11. Never really thought about it but there's definitely a difference in sound.

stokedAF

casual kahnage

Hit the vents with some air brah! It’s probably getting too hot. I don’t know if that would cause a game to crash but maybe. It fixed my noise, not completely but a noticeable difference.

HAMMER

Noob
Hit the vents with some air brah! It’s probably getting too hot. I don’t know if that would cause a game to crash but maybe. It fixed my noise, not completely but a noticeable difference.
Thanks. I can do this without tearing it apart? I hate the idea of doing that. But, I will for sure use the air can on the outside going in!!

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Thanks. I can do this without tearing it apart? I hate the idea of doing that. But, I will for sure use the air can on the outside going in!!
Yup. I didn’t take mine apart. Make sure you don’t put it directly inside, hit it from a distance and hit it with bursts. The air is really cold and might fuck something up. I’m no expert though lol maybe YouTube it.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I observed that removing the top of my Pro reduces fan noise by 50% or more. It makes the pro uglier, but quieter.

Just make sure to place the cover - or just some thin cloth - back when the console is not working so that it doesn't collect unnecessary dust. You don't have to re-attach it, just place it gently on top of your console.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Yeah the cover comes off easily. I think you can even buy interchangeable covers with different designs. Check out this video if you have a PS4 Pro. I think the regular PS4 has a smaller cover, like half the size.

My game froze while left it in endless tower with AI.

Btw might make a new thread about this. But does everyone else's game lose connection to servers when coming back from ps4 in rest mode? I can't access any thing until I reboot the game each time.

I didn't cheat in the krypt, not that I know of. I think my data may be corrupted from a previous time it crashed while saving. Honestly don't know what to do, incredibly annoying considering towers is one of the main ways to unlock stuff.
From what I can tell the save files only store settings. Seems like all saving is done on servers. When you first log on you see that you have nothing until is syncs with servers.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
My game crashes constantly and I have a wired connection. Like seriously my Krypt, Towers, and Kustomization will crash probably 2-3 times per night.

HAMMER

Noob
Yeah the cover comes off easily. I think you can even buy interchangeable covers with different designs. Check out this video if you have a PS4 Pro. I think the regular PS4 has a smaller cover, like half the size.

I only have the normal PS4.

I bought it when MKX came out (for MKX).

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
My game froze while left it in endless tower with AI.

Btw might make a new thread about this. But does everyone else's game lose connection to servers when coming back from ps4 in rest mode? I can't access any thing until I reboot the game each time.
This happens to me just about every other time. It's random whether or not it loses connection, as sometimes I come back from rest mode and everything runs fine. Then other times I lose connection to servers without any way to reconnect with reboot.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Hopefully NRS is reading this thread because it's important. In fact I would definitely inform this to Wbgames so that Netherealm is able to recieve any issues that need to get resolved. My game has never crashed it has been running smoothly. Maybe because I take care of my ps4 and only have 2 disc games installed Mkx and Mk11. I also use a long fabric to cover it down after I finish playing it. Clearing away any notifications etc.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
The game crashed twice when I first played it, but that was it.

Once a while I get kicked out of the Krypt due to server errors

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I had one crash on day -1 while playing story, run like clockwork since.

I think earlier comments about the heat are on the right track. I have a standard PS4 and it sounds like it's about to launch when I play MK11 and the heat it kicks out the back is intense.

Try giving the PS4 more space so the heat isn't being trapped against a wall or cupboard. If there is no space (like it is nestled in an entertainment unit), spin the console itself around so the ass-end is towards you instead of a wall and dumping the heat out. No need to have the power button accessible these days.

See if that helps.