What's new

PS4 Mic Issue

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I'm really hoping someone can help me with this issue. I stream on PS4 using an Elgato. However, because of the way the PS4 handles their mics, if I want to hear the game through my headset, the game sound will no longer be directed through the HDMI cable to the elgato, resulting in no sound for the viewers. I have a separate mic I use if I'm not chatting that goes directly to the stream, but right now it seems like I can't stream and chat at the same time. Is there any way around this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A second part of this question is that I use a condenser mic for my stream (as opposed to the Gold Wireless headset that I currently want to throw out a window). The mic is plugged into a sound mixer, which feeds into my computer for the stream. Is there any way to have it feed into the PS4?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
That explains so much! That explains why every time I record I have no sound, I don't know how the fuck to fix this though, it is stupid

I use XLR to USB for mic input (front of ps4), hdmi video out, and optical for audio out. If your mixer or audio interface doesn't have a optical input, just buy a fiio converter.

The main thing I don't like is the USB audio out is too low, or it would be easier to hook up to a mixer like you have.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I use XLR to USB for mic input (front of ps4), hdmi video out, and optical for audio out. If your mixer or audio interface doesn't have a optical input, just buy a fiio converter.

The main thing I don't like is the USB audio out is too low, or it would be easier to hook up to a mixer like you have.
Nice, thank you! I'll look into that today!