What's new

PS4 Hori Fighting Commander 4 Gamepad releasing soon...

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I've seen this pad mentioned in various threads, but I haven't seen a thread dedicated to it.

If any PS4 players are looking for another pad option to use for competition, you may want to check out the Hori Fighting Commander 4 pad for PS4. It's available for pre-order on Amazon and is currently slated for release on Tuesday, May 5th for $44.99

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Commander-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKLFES8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430318868&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+fighting+commander+4

I just now pre-ordered mine.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I've had one for a while (you could import them) they are super dope...buttons are bigger and have good feedback (sound for me mostly as I cant feel them) the D-pad is eons better then either consoles...and it can rotate to better suit your natural movement...its well built ...its good stuff if you plan on playing a lot of fighters...

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I've had one for a while (you could import them) they are super dope...buttons are bigger and have good feedback (sound for me mostly as I cant feel them) the D-pad is eons better then either consoles...and it can rotate to better suit your natural movement...its well built ...its good stuff if you plan on playing a lot of fighters...
I'm a huge fan of the Xbone pad. Is it similar? I literally can't play on the PS4 pad.

Saint Op Omen

I'm a huge fan of the Xbone pad. Is it similar? I literally can't play on the PS4 pad.
Its plus shaped like it...not the 4 button style like ps4...and a little bigger...you can also set the sensitivity of it (3 settings) kinda like the games easy input settings were you decide how sensitive it is at picking up diagonals... which is a good way around setting the pad how you want without the accidental 2 button commands like interactables coming out...being able to turn it is a godsend for me though...
I can't really speak on the stiffness or feeling like the xb1 controller because I can't feel things....

pdog305

Noob
I have the commander 3 for ps3 and I can vouch that this pad is quality. You can adjust the sensitivity of the dpad and the angle as well. The 6 buttons in front is perfect if you play claw. It makes blocking and ex moves easier because you don't have to use your thumbs.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
My dumb ass ordered this from playweaboo already so I'm still awaiting it but I heard good things...

Last edited:

ruff321

Noob
If you're having trouble with bf inputs or those tricky command grabs I highly recommend this controller. Been using it for two months now and I'm planning on buying another one for backup.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
If you're having trouble with bf inputs or those tricky command grabs I highly recommend this controller. Been using it for two months now and I'm planning on buying another one for backup.
you sold me on it, that's the main thing troubling me is juggling into command grabs; On DS4 is inconsistent, unless I'm just REALLLL bad, but I've been labbin' the motion so hard.

regulas

Your Emporer
These are good so long as you don't have too big of hands. These make inputs much easier then a regular controller without the larger price tag of sticks.

Mr. Yutani

Don't know karate but I know karazy.
The pad does look awesome however isn't the rotating D-Pad the Achilles heel for this controller? I've read numerous complaints about it eventually wearing out and breaking, thus rendering the controller useless. I think if they made one without the rotating D-Pad it would be perfect.

Is this available in an actual real life store or do I just have to order on the internet? I went into Gamestop and they had nothing.

neato

Noob
i imported one for guilty gear xrd, but i haven't touched it recently since i can use my hitbox for mkx. i was never a pad player, but i got pretty comfortable with the FC4. it was definitely an improvement over the ps4 controller.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I preordered from Amazon last week expecting it to ship out on Tuesday, but now the order is showing up with a message that says they're not sure when it will ship and they'll let me know when they get an ETA. Disappointed.

Did anyone who preordered from Amazon actually have it ship? Trying to figure out if they just got a really small shipment of them or if they never showed up at all.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I preordered from Amazon last week expecting it to ship out on Tuesday, but now the order is showing up with a message that says they're not sure when it will ship and they'll let me know when they get an ETA. Disappointed.

Did anyone who preordered from Amazon actually have it ship? Trying to figure out if they just got a really small shipment of them or if they never showed up at all.
Nope, haven't received mine either. When I originally ordered it a couple of weeks ago: the confirmation e-mail that I received said that mine would be shipped to me on June 12th.

Saint Op Omen

Yeah had a friend that ordered one from there in early april and got it yesterday...

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Just got an e-mail from Amazon with an updated ship date for me. It says that mine will finally ship to my home, this Friday.