What's new

PS4 controller revealed?

The only thing I ever liked about Playstation Controllers is their D-Pad.

I hate how the joy sticks are on the bottom, it feels all awkward when playing, and the mushroom sticks go against your thumbs which I find horrible. Xbox controller with PS D-Pad is the perfect controller.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I like the dpad on this. Wonder if it's real? What sucks are the flipper L2 R2 buttons of the ps3 pad. Those suck for fgs. dpad looks recessed so your thumb will fit nicely. It would also feel soft as butter if the ps3 pad is any indication. Only problem is that it might not be raised high enough, so moves which require moving to neutral position might be difficult to perform, but they don't design these things with fgs in mind anyway. They design shit for fps, and driving games. Dumb.
It looks like one of those d-pads where if you press down and tilt on it (not hitting the left or right sides) you will get diagonal inputs...thats not the point of a d pad.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Its not genuine, look at that awful d-pad
Its still the most believable "prototype" we've seen so far.
The only thing I ever liked about Playstation Controllers is their D-Pad.

I hate how the joy sticks are on the bottom, it feels all awkward when playing, and the mushroom sticks go against your thumbs which I find horrible. Xbox controller with PS D-Pad is the perfect controller.
The Dual shocks (and all pads based on them) are the worst gaming pads, ever. Even the 1st generation Xbox 1 controllers were better lol

Its still the most believable "prototype" we've seen so far.

The Dual shocks (and all pads based on them) are the worst gaming pads, ever. Even the 1st generation Xbox 1 controllers were better lol
Omg, yes. They are bad, using Dualshock Joysticks feels like you're playing in a half-assed claw method, your thumbs naturally point upward, having to constantly point them downward on a mushroom joystick is so not appealing. I also feel clicking the PS joysticks feels really awkward and stiff too.

Controller needs a redesign like Xbox to Xbox 360.

And I am pretty confident Xbox will fix D-Pad issues for Xbox 720. It'll be the best controller around come next gen, period.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
yup, but 360 pads are the best gaming pads imo. If they only has nintendo dpads on em, they'd be perfect. (LBSH, i don't even care about the dpad as i don't even really use it, so its fine to me)
I care, the Dpad is used for a lot of things, idk how many times I died in Gears because I switched to the wrong weapon.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Omg, yes. They are bad, using Dualshock Joysticks feels like you're playing in a half-assed claw method, your thumbs naturally point upward, having to constantly point them downward on a mushroom joystick is so not appealing. I also feel clicking the PS joysticks feels really awkward and stiff too.

Controller needs a redesign like Xbox to Xbox 360.

And I am pretty confident Xbox will fix D-Pad issues for Xbox 720. It'll be the best controller around come next gen, period.
They need an Xbox 1 type pad first lol
I care, the Dpad is used for a lot of things, idk how many times I died in Gears because I switched to the wrong weapon.
noob :p

kronspik

Noob
dpad is more important than the analog sticks for any 2D game. PS2/PS3 controllers have far superior dpads to xbox.