What's new

PS3 PDP fight stick

Noob

Noob
I bought the tournament edition of MK9 with the official fight stick and I love it, but lately it's having connection issues and it's hard wired!!

I use it to play MKX now and every once in a while it'll disconnect and I get a message saying to connect it and then it connects itself. It seems like it happens randomly. Anyone know where I could take it to get it looked at? It's annoying and it doesn't happen all the time, but enough to cause you to lose a match. I use it at home mainly when I have friends over, but if I'm online I'd rather use the controller, but I want to be able to use this expensive fight stick without worrying. Is there a fix it yourself method someone can point me to, or somewhere I could take to get fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The usb ports on the pdp sticks are easily the worst part of the entire stick. They give out and there really is no fix besides a replacement.

Noob

Noob
The usb ports on the pdp sticks are easily the worst part of the entire stick. They give out and there really is no fix besides a replacement.
Wow that's pretty terrible. I now know not to get another one of these sticks. Can you recommend another stick with the same layout? I'm used to the classic layout and I'm not a Street Fighter guy so I probably won't use it for anything else besides MK.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Wow that's pretty terrible. I now know not to get another one of these sticks. Can you recommend another stick with the same layout? I'm used to the classic layout and I'm not a Street Fighter guy so I probably won't use it for anything else besides MK.
Well you can get a madcatz stick and just switch the template out with an MK layout, but thats $$$$. Honestly your best bet is either A. Find a modder willing to replace the USB. B. Buy a new one (can find for cheap im sure). C. SF Stick with an MK Template D. Learning new layout.

I used to use a PDP stick but I had fucking two break on me, so now I use a Madcatz VS Pro stick, and just got used to the jap style buttons. Took a bit but It does the job well now.

Thanks for the link. I like the LED stuff on Case #3 but do not understand how that works. Could you explain it in layman terms?
Ive not used one, but here is my guess...

Splicing the repair tool into your usb cable (inside of the stick) gives you a spot to run power and a ground wire to run led lights. You would use it this way if the sticks computer board doesnt have a spot to run power / ground wires to.

If i didnt answer your question, lemme know and ill try again lolz

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
Ive not used one, but here is my guess...

Splicing the repair tool into your usb cable (inside of the stick) gives you a spot to run power and a ground wire to run led lights. You would use it this way if the sticks computer board doesnt have a spot to run power / ground wires to.

If i didnt answer your question, lemme know and ill try again lolz
Hmmmm, I see :) thanks for replying, I appreciate your help!

So I'll be getting a hitbox and I don't necessarily need this item to fix the usb, I just want to use it to light up my buttons.
That said, 1) would the phreak mod item go inside of my hitbox (and not outside, 2) would I even need this if I have a hitbox (can I just connect LEDs?), 3) what else would I need to make my hitbox buttons light up.

@Acid Hand

If its an official hitbox you shouldnt need the usb repair tool. Both of the pcb's used have a power / ground spot to use.

You would need to order translucent buttons, leds, and a small amount of wiring.

I just wanna say im a case builder, not an electric / modding guy. My led experience is limited, but i'm happy to offer educated guesses until someone more knowledgeable steps in.

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
@Acid Hand

If its an official hitbox you shouldnt need the usb repair tool. Both of the pcb's used have a power / ground spot to use.

You would need to order translucent buttons, leds, and a small amount of wiring.

I just wanna say im a case builder, not an electric / modding guy. My led experience is limited, but i'm happy to offer educated guesses until someone more knowledgeable steps in.
Thank you. I have the translucent buttons you mentioned, but no leds or wires (not sure what kind yo are referring to). I will inquire about this in another thread to seek more help.