What's new

PS3 d-pad issues

For some reason, I have trouble pulling off any special that includes back-forward. I can do them in practice mode if I'm really careful about what buttons I push, but I can't do them with any consistency in a combo or fast reaction. The input history says I'm adding diagonal inputs. My thumb may lightly touch the up or down button, but I don't think I actually press them. I'm not rolling my thumb around the pad.

Have you heard of PS3 d-pads getting inputs confused? Could the age of the controller be an issue? It's the controller that came with the system and I don't have a second one, so it's gotten a lot of use over the years. Is this a symptom of a controller wearing out?

dmnc011m

PSN: KomboDrop
For some reason, I have trouble pulling off any special that includes back-forward. I can do them in practice mode if I'm really careful about what buttons I push, but I can't do them with any consistency in a combo or fast reaction. The input history says I'm adding diagonal inputs. My thumb may lightly touch the up or down button, but I don't think I actually press them. I'm not rolling my thumb around the pad.

Have you heard of PS3 d-pads getting inputs confused? Could the age of the controller me an issue? It's the controller that came with the system and I don't have a second one, so it's gotten a lot of use over the years. Is this a symptom of a controller wearing out?
I have the same problem when I try to roll left to right. Now, I either tap left then right or change the button scheme to alternate controls, that way I can just roll out a half circle. Although, it is weird, I didn't have that problem in mortal kombat. I even played mk9 Lui Kang and didn't have a single issue rolling left to right.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
It could be the issue of age. If the controller is old it might be messing you up. I would just recommend getting a new one. Controllers are pretty inexpensive and you only need to get a new one every 2 or 3 years... plus you should have a back up just in case. It might also be that you are just not used to bf. Practice makes perfect if that is the case... I honestly think it is the age of the controller though. You shouldn't be having problems implementing bf. :16Bit