What's new

General/Other - Dragons Fire Proposed Dragon Fire Changes.

For the most part NRS has handled nerfs very well. Characters like Cassie, Raiden, kung Jin, Erron Black, Quan Chi, and Dvorah were all nerfed but are all top tier.

But on the ugly side we have characters like Kano, Sub Zero, Fisticuffs, and Scorpion. Scorpion getting nerfed only because of FBRCs does worry me, but I hope NRS will be sensible for LK.

^And no he doesn't need a faster d1 if he's only getting his dumb shit nerfed(In the OP).
didnt say he needs it, I said itll make me happy :)

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
HE NEEDS IT!!! lol but really just like you say in the post, just make regular dash cancel +1 and mb flying kick 0 on block. any other changes would hurt him

Just learn a character with a 7 frame move for the Liu Kang match up. The pseudo infinite becomes alot more pseudo after that.

Liu Kang is gonna be trash after the 3 frame nerf though. what will he have? The problem is the loop. make it take more stamina to dash out. like how HQT takes a full bar. He keeps his pressure,and it's not loopable for abuse.

You guys are trying to destroy the character's main tool. Instead of fixing the only thing about it that's broken, how it loops.

AssassiN

Noob
Liu Kang is gonna be trash after the 3 frame nerf though. what will he have? The problem is the loop. make it take more stamina to dash out. like how HQT takes a full bar. He keeps his pressure,and it's not loopable for abuse.

You guys are trying to destroy the character's main tool. Instead of fixing the only thing about it that's broken, how it loops.
How is he going to be trash?
There are a lot worse ways too nerf that, this way he still has FBRC true blockstrings.

Yeah, I completely agree.
Let's nerf Flying Kick MB instead to changing a string that builds 2 bars and does 20% chip.
Nerf it so it can't loop as much so it doesn't build the 2 bars and do 20% chip. I didn't suggest nerfing flying kick MB. I'm not entirely sure why this needs to be nerfed honestly. I'd want to see highlevel Liu Kang DF play before nerfing it because of a training dummy video.

make mb flying kick at least +10 on block

why? cuz if kung lao players can come in and bitch for the removal of a fake block string, its only fair that liu kang gains something similar to ex hat shield.

I don't think i was calling for Liu nerfs. Was i? I can't remember.

Here is an idea, and it's just a thought, but what if he only gets all the + frames off run canceling, but not dash canceling?

Too much?
This is what I've said all day. :(

If mb flying kick into bicycle kick ends up being neutral on block, then it would be required for his d1 to be faster on start up. He has terrible pokes because of mb flying kick into bicycle kick being plus.

I think this would make sense

Make Ex biciycle kick/flying kick neutral.
Make his D3 -1, so it's effectively like Cages D4, a move should be able to low profile AND be plus on block IMO.
Make his FBRC game more like Scorpions, so there's actually options involved.

At the very least that D3 has to change and he needs at least 1 gap in his offense where the answer isnt 'just armour'
I like these changes tbh. If they're going to change anything, they should make mb flying kick 0 or -1 or something so that you can't continue repping after that. They should leave the dash cancel how it is.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
At this point I have to make this thread because I'm seeing a bunch of people pretending they've played against Liu Kang at the highest level and that his stuff must be nerfed. I don't want other variations like Dualist or Flame fist getting rekt for no reason so here we go.

-Reduce frame advantage from F213 FBDC by 3(or 4) frames(It goes from being +4 to +1 and is no longer a "Pseudo-block infinite")

-Reduce frame advantage of F44 FBRC and B12 FBRC by 3 or 4 Frames on block(not on hit, otherwise he wouldn't be able to land combos anymore)

And if you really wanted to

-Reduce frame advantage of Flying Kick MB from +2 to +1 or 0(If you reaaaaally wanted to).

THAT'S ALL THAT SHOULD HAPPEN. Change anything else about him and his other variations are fucked.

@UsedForGlue
@Tom Brady
@FOREVER EL1TE
@Phosferrax
@AssassiN
@Rude
@Sage Leviathan
@A F0xy Grampa
@STRYKIE
Man...whatever. No tag so I disregard everything

Parasurama

Dragon
Liu Kang needs buffs in other areas, if that occurs, then toning down the pressure makes more sense. He should have a faster flying kick, better anti-air, and air game- the way of the intercepting fist!

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Liu Kang needs buffs in other areas, if that occurs, then toning down the pressure makes more sense. He should have a faster flying kick, better anti-air, and air game- the way of the intercepting fist!
No character should have the answer to everything, with all the strengths he already has it's reasonable that his defense(AA, wakeup, pokes) remain sub-par.

With the changes listed in the OP he'd still be the best rushdown character in the game and have amazing zoning, this way he'd be far less braindead and more balanced.

Parasurama

Dragon
Yeah, but if he was that good, then why did dragon fire not do well competitively yet? I respect where you are coming from but when Sub zero jumps at you, you probably have backdash as your only answer, if you have time. Kung lao has the pressure, and other tools, as well as the rest of the kast. Balanced also means to give and take, and in view of the fact that Dragon fire has not yet done competitively, I think they should either leave things as they which is extreme, or balance, which means to give and take.

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm

I am with you on this pal... only two things needed to be nerfed as i already said earlier
1. f213 dash cancels completely gone.
2. stamina recovery should be a little more slower on mb dragon kick after performing 2-3 run cancels (eg:-f44fbrc) so that it does not turns into a block infinite.
there is no need for any other changes especially d3 being +1 and mb flying kick being +2. If they are needed to be nerfed then give him a 6 or 7 frames d1.