What's new

Projectile of Baraka and balance of mechanics

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Disclaimer: Sorry for my english
Baraka have a mid (that's mean it cannot be countered by ducking) fast projectile with pushback and fast recovery on whiff.
How you can counter that than? You can jump over it and punish it on recovery frames, but if projectile have fast recovery, than person, who make projectile can even punish your jump-in with d2 or any AA.
That is broken and not correct. One mechanic must be lose to another and must must be win by third - for example - mid projectile win standing opponent, but jump-in on the read counter mid projectile, and, for least, jump-in must be easy beaten with standing opponent with his AA.
Total:
projectile > standing opponent > jumping opponent > projectile
And that is mechanic balance.
But! When you make fast recovery for projectile, especially, for mid projecile (cyber kano, jason slasher, baraka mk11) that scheme doesnt work -
projectile > standing opponent > jumping opponent < projectile
And, in total with broken recovery projectile counter both variants and become supreme mechanic, which make opportunity for spam and winning with such strategy in casual and competetive play
And that's why i think, most of high projectiles must have a huge recovery on whiff to punish it on read and especially all of mid projectiles must have it too.

Does Baraka even have an anti-air...? His sparks are fast -- to be sure -- but he looks vulnerable to jump-ins.

Whatever the case, Kahn's in; and that means a stunning Wrath Hammer will put pay to all potential projectile spamming rodentia!

I dont say about nerfs, i told about balance in general mechanics. Do you ever read my post before write "OMG NOOB CRYING SCRUB OMG GAME IS NOT RELEASED OMG LOL NOOB SCRUB LOL))00)0"
balance is in the frame data and nowhere else. 1. you probably dont know the frame data, 2. its subject to changes. im not saying blade spark might not turn out broken by release (after all its NRS), but judging it now does nothing good.

gitblame

Noob
I can't with people. Game will still be developed for next 4 months, yet we are duscussing about balance and how to adjust characters.

1. What we saw is not finished game.
2. There is fuckin flawless block
3. What we saw is not finished game
4. I heard Tweedy saying this buidl's projectile is like minus on hit and quite negative on block
5. There were far better mid projectiles than this one in NRS history
6. What we saw is not finished game
7. You can always play Scorpion

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
1) Welcome to fighting games

2) Baraka's projectiles don't actually recover that fast. At mid to close range, you can jump in on reaction - this was actually happening on several occasions during the mk 11 reveal footage. No one was getting completely shut down by Baraka's zoning either.

3) You just need to learn your distances, spacing and frame data (the basic fundamentals) and you'll see Baraka's zoning game is actually quite tame. You can block, jump and react to his FB's - even against his amplified version, there is time to block the first and jump the second blast because of the gap between each one.

I know that after the reveal event we're all jumpy and reaching for anything based on what footage we saw, but can we have a little less over reacting and a little more sitting back and just thinking?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Disclaimer: Sorry for my english
Baraka have a mid (that's mean it cannot be countered by ducking) fast projectile with pushback and fast recovery on whiff.
How you can counter that than? You can jump over it and punish it on recovery frames, but if projectile have fast recovery, than person, who make projectile can even punish your jump-in with d2 or any AA.
That is broken and not correct. One mechanic must be lose to another and must must be win by third - for example - mid projectile win standing opponent, but jump-in on the read counter mid projectile, and, for least, jump-in must be easy beaten with standing opponent with his AA.
Total:
projectile > standing opponent > jumping opponent > projectile
And that is mechanic balance.
But! When you make fast recovery for projectile, especially, for mid projecile (cyber kano, jason slasher, baraka mk11) that scheme doesnt work -
projectile > standing opponent > jumping opponent < projectile
And, in total with broken recovery projectile counter both variants and become supreme mechanic, which make opportunity for spam and winning with such strategy in casual and competetive play
And that's why i think, most of high projectiles must have a huge recovery on whiff to punish it on read and especially all of mid projectiles must have it too.
The game is not released yet. We don't know.
Wait for the game to be released. Then we will know.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I saw someone on the sub-reddit say that the best way to make projectiles balanced was to make them only do damage 25% of the times they hit... *sigh*

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Baraka projectile was one of the fastest too in MK 9 back in the day .... after some comunity complaing, they nerfed it in the very first patch .... so , you can expect the same treatment in MK 11 : once people starting crying about, NRS will fix it quickly.