What's new

Question Pretty Kick, whats its use?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
by now i've probably down near mastered kitana, now i just need to learn the mu's and remember the important frame data. But one thing thats been buggin me is her pretty kick. I never use it...ever, but im thinking theres gotta be a few situations where its useful, would anyone happen to know?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
-ex on wakeup in certain situations (for example, when reptile throws out a forceball after knocking you down) because it has extended invincibility and further reach
-regular on wakeup to escape the corner
-ex can be used as kinda an occasional gimmick on wakeup with people who duck, because the last two hits connect crouching against high-hitbox characters
-if you catch your opponent at certain heights with regular or ex you can dash up d1~cutter/ex fan/ex lift
-regular can be used as a gimmick in itself as well, as it's +8 on hit, setting you up for things like 33 or a throw. a lot of people don't know anything about its properties so that can catch them off guard

but outside of wakeup? i can't give too much advice for it.

Goldi

Noob
Try ending a few strings with fake out kick (d,b4), and when you've conditioned them to block low, go for pretty kick. That's all I've used it for. But my Kitana is still in that awkward, mashy phase.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
-ex on wakeup in certain situations (for example, when reptile throws out a forceball after knocking you down) because it has extended invincibility and further reach
-ex can be used as kinda an occasional gimmick on wakeup with people who duck, because the last two hits connect crouching against high-hitbox characters
-if you catch your opponent at certain heights with regular or ex you can dash up d1~cutter/ex fan/ex lift
-regular can be used as a gimmick in itself as well, as it's +8 on hit, setting you up for things like 33 or a throw. a lot of people don't know anything about its properties so that can catch them off guard

If you aren't planning on zoning in the MU, end combo's with pretty kick since it leaves you just outside 21 range and within jk distance.

Axel_Redd

the pretty kick isn't an over head o-0 wtf? lol, but alright, i'll try some of the wake up tactics with it :)

Axel_Redd

srry for the double post but, how does that work? the pretty kick will keep them in the air long enough to follow up with a d1 cutter? or what? i thought pretty kick knocks em away?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
srry for the double post but, how does that work? the pretty kick will keep them in the air long enough to follow up with a d1 cutter? or what? i thought pretty kick knocks em away?
Not when they're high up I guess. Sometimes they'll be close but too low to get it in time. But try it. Set the AI to jump, pretty kick, d1 cutter.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Doesn't pretty kick whiff bcrouching opponents, even when blocking? I always thought it was just a bad Cutter >_>

Goldi

Noob
I must be thinking of something else lol. Told you guys, I'm still in the button mashing stage with her.

I'm just lurking around here to try picking up tips. I'm sure I'll get Kitty soon....

Axel_Redd

Pretty Kick is used for ending combos for the purpose of keeping your opponent close to you instead of Cutter that knocks them fullscreen.
i guess, but usually i just sweep them at the end of the combo for that o-o

Axel_Redd

I must be thinking of something else lol. Told you guys, I'm still in the button mashing stage with her.

I'm just lurking around here to try picking up tips. I'm sure I'll get Kitty soon....
i'd play your kitana if you want!, altho i still want to play agianst GGA 16 Bit at some point too :) Altho he hasn't answered the previous post i tagged him in. I'm sure he's busy tho.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Which messages? I don't have any that I know of.

I do not play online at all though.

Axel_Redd

Which messages? I don't have any that I know of.

I do not play online at all though.
aww you don't play online? D: that sux x-x

well i coulda swore i sent a conversation about it...or maybe i didn't o-0...but i do know i tagged you the other day wanting to ask about it. so i guess that wouldn't really be a message but oh well xD