What's new

Potential Kombat League (online mode) details and explaination

Gamer68

Fujin!
I decided to make a dedicated thread to this because there still seems to be a lot of confusion on what the Kombat League is exactly (the online mode that has a countdown, should be releasing in June). To be fair, this isn't a full confirmation on what the mode is, but there is some pretty big evidence in the game's files.

To be clear, all of this is taken from the MK Warehouse page that you can view here: https://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk11/kk_borders/

Here's the summary and explaination: in the game's files there is a new type of cosmetic that is associated with your Kombat Kard called Badges. These have names that highly imply that they are apart of a Ranking system. They are also colored and designed with "increasing intensity" (that's what I would call it) which further suggests it's apart of a Ranking system. Lastly, there are new Kombat Kard borders to go along with them.

The big thing is that you can view what they look like and what their names are right now, so here it is:

TIERS:
  • Novice
  • Kombatant
  • Warrior
  • Champion
  • Master
  • Grandmaster
  • Demi God
  • God
  • Elder God
BADGES:

BORDERS:

If this are somehow not for the Kombat League, then it could mean we are getting a major Ranked mode update. If not, then maybe it was just an idea that was cut from the final game. I really hope not, and the good news is that it's pretty unlikely considering the assets have already been created and are still in the game's files.

I also want to say that just because there is a Ranking system, that it doesn't mean we are getting just Ranked 2.0. It's possible that maybe you can only play for set periods of time, like there will be a Season but then an Off-Season where you can't play. There could potentially be rewards such as Skins tied to this (maybe new Skins for characters that you get when you Rank up?). We don't know anything other than a Ranking system is involved.

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Finalllllllly omg.

This is the one feature I've wanted in an NRS game since MK9. I'm super excited about this. I can't wait to hear more details.

I wonder if each character will have their own rankings or if they will have it just based on a profile and all characters are in the same rank.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Finalllllllly omg.

This is the one feature I've wanted in an NRS game since MK9. I'm super excited about this. I can't wait to hear more details.

I wonder if each character will have their own rankings or if they will have it just based on a profile and all characters are in the same rank.
I think it would be cool if you Ranked up with a character, you get a new Skin associated with that Rank. Like if you made it to Demi-God, you would get an Emerald armor skin. Or if you made it to Elder God, you would get an Elder God version of your character complete with glowing eyes.

Shame badges, lovely.
Love it when my games like to insult me.
We don't know how it works. Maybe you can hide your Badges? Maybe there are more to the Ranks? We don't even know how the mode works exactly, just that a Ranking system is in.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
You‘re being overdramatic my man
Not really, I despise shaming mechanics. I avoid Street Fighter for this reason.

This does nothing to help the game.
In any mode where you aren't divided by your rank then you will get dodged based on your badge. Just like your W/L being displayed does. It turn off new players too. Thankfully all yhw good stuff is tied to single player in 11 which means I can just retire from Online modes when they start rolling out the scarlet letter features.

Game was a 10/10.