What's new

Tech - A-List Potential frame trap blockstring

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Hi guys, somewhat new johnny player here. I've had a look and I can't find anything that covers this particular subject.

I believe there seems to be a high damage frame trap blockstring setup in the corner that johnny is capable of for 2 or 3 bars, which does around 30ish chip depending on bar used. This setup is obviously armourable, tradeable with 7f pokes(it seems to be in Johnny's favour, and he can actually combo off it in some cases) and escapeable with 6f pokes(I feel Quan may be an exception but I need to test it a bit more)

But what happens when the opponent doesn't have an 7f poke or meter?
This setup can be created off of any nutpunch, and if your bar allows it, and you build a bar back during it
The inputs are:

*from nutpunch
333 skrc 114 skrc (f3 can be used instead if you struggle with this part)
114, ex df2, f3, ex df2, f3 rc 114 skrc 114/f3 into whatever(I recommend dash cancel because it's safe on block.)

I intend to lab up the options out of this setup, and will try to update within the next week.

If this has been covered please tell me, a mod can then sort it out in that case.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
I mean nothing new here. It's not quite a true blockstring since the enemy can get out when you f3 rc. The moment you run out of stamina you can go for throw or just walk back/jump back since you're vulnerable to pokes as you mentioned it.
A better setup would be:

333, skrc, 333, skrc, 333, ex lowforceball, d4, ex forceball

And by now you basically got the stamina back again so you can keep jailing.
You can also mix 333 with 33 for when enemy expects a 333, aswell as b32, 114.