What's new

Post Patch Black Adam

Cabronium

Stream monster: Qperg.
Hopefully some of you are still using Black Adam! Tell me what you think about Black Adam after this patch
BA's changes were: Black Adam
· Reduced duration of Orbs of Seth (Character Power) to 4.5 seconds and increased the cool down to 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds)
· Boot Stomp now has a block advantage of -21 (down from -15)
· Lightning Strike now only hits grounded opponents when performed outside of a combo.
· The Meter Burn version of the Lightning Strike is now -1 (down from +8)
· The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.
· Reduced the distance Black Adam covers when back-dashing
· Increased the duration of the back dash to 31 frames (up from 26)
· Increased the duration of the front dash to 18 frames (up from 16)
· Slightly increased the amount of damage scaling on combos.
· Fixed an issue where the Orbs of Seth were labeled UNBLOCKABLE during Practice mode when they hit Mid.
· Fixed an issue where Black Adam could stack two sets of the Orbs of Seth.
· Improved Hit Advantage on the Eye Of Horus combo (Back + Medium, Hard, Up, Medium)

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I used to mess around with BA, I checked him out post-patch. His back dash is noticeably worse. His fdash is still great. I can't really feel the difference on divekick, but that's probably because I was never really a BA player.

I can't remember correctly, but I feel like he does MORE damage now. j2, 22~4, 22b1, j2~df3, b23u1+3 does 48% now. I think that's more than it used to?

b23, 11~db1, b23u1+3 does 31%, isn't that the same amount is used to?

He still seems pretty good to me. Definitely worse than he was, but still completely viable. Like I said I'm not a BA player for I don't really know for sure. I would like to hear a real player's input.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Ares still has a bunch of trouble punishing divekick. All his strings have are too short or too slow or have hitbox issues. I don't know how many other characters have similar problems, but for Ares it looks like another meaningless divekick nerf. It's still gonna be common for non mb divekicks to go unpunished

Cabronium

Stream monster: Qperg.
I used to mess around with BA, I checked him out post-patch. His back dash is noticeably worse. His fdash is still great. I can't really feel the difference on divekick, but that's probably because I was never really a BA player.

I can't remember correctly, but I feel like he does MORE damage now. j2, 22~4, 22b1, j2~df3, b23u1+3 does 48% now. I think that's more than it used to?

b23, 11~db1, b23u1+3 does 31%, isn't that the same amount is used to?

He still seems pretty good to me. Definitely worse than he was, but still completely viable. Like I said I'm not a BA player for I don't really know for sure. I would like to hear a real player's input.
For sure BA is going to be a good character! I'm my opinion he could still be top ten solely because his dirt is still there. The divekick nerf was okay with me i mean i don't think its that bad just because you meterburn it. Yeah i might still use him as a pocket character