What's new

Tech Possibly Useless Reset

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Well I was experimenting with ending combos with sword spin in the corner (tip: DON'T do this. It's massively negative on hit and resets the opponent), and was wondering what the possibilities were of the resetting properties of sword spin.

Turns out the negative frames on sword spin are so massive that you can end a combo with it and the opponent will recover before you and be able to punch you BEFORE you're able to pull off another move. However, the EX version of sword spin comes with a 3rd hit to it that comes after the horizontal spins. A hit that his OVERHEAD and GROUND BOUNCES, potentially opening up another corner combo.

So here's what I found. If you do a corner combo in a specific way, you can get the first 2 hits of sword spin to connect and reset the opponent, and get the 3rd hit of an EX sword spin to hit the reset opponent overhead. Try this combo:

b1u2, f3, 323, f23, (SLIGHT delay, you have to let the opponent get closer to the ground) EX sword spin

32% for the combo ending with sword spin. If the opponent was blocking low (or not blocking at all), the overhead hit of EX sword spin will hit them for a ground bounce. From that ground bounce, you can do 323, f23, sword flip for 29%.

But why is this possibly useless? Well because overhead seems to be the only option out of a cornered sword spin. On that note, opponents may just eventually learn to always stand block when being comboed by DS in the corner. I know that EX sword spin has a low alternative, but the low hit doesn't connect since you can't get the second hit of sword spin to come out.

For now however, while the game is still young, you might be able to trick people in the corner into falling into another combo. If anyone wants to experiment with possible mixups other than the overhead, please be my guest, but I can't seem to find anything else.