What's new

Strategy Possibly new 38% meterless punisher

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I've been on to Skarlet since loong, but only lately I've really focused on turning her into a main. Came across into new punisher (i havent sean before) and i like it, though it istight to land the 112 reset at first.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MoonSpell

builds a lot of meter in the opponent, and you're about +2 on this reset, which is sacrificing chip, and the reset seems hard to time it.

Everyone is dealing 37% to 40% without jip and still get +13 to +12 frames during the reset allowing more chip.

Try this:
F31~rd~ds, u3, 2~rd~us, 2~dc, 112 deals 38% and you're at +12 if you do it correctly, the chances of dropping is incredible reduced compared to the combo you just posted on the vid.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
F4 is skarlet best punisher.

If you replace F4 with F31, you'll get 37% damage from the same BnB i just gave you.

ryublaze

Noob
MoonSpell are you talking about punishing blocked teleports or whiff punishing? B2 is best for blocked teleports that leave the opponent in a ball-roll state. Timing is a bit tricky though, I usually back dash before inputting B2. You can also do B1,1,f4 or U3 but they do less damage. F4 is used to whiff punish or punish unsafe moves on block like Scorpion's B2.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
[b2], [f4] or [f3, 1] are legit, just depend of what you're punishing. b2 is obviously the best for damages but it's high and slow.

Saltea Moonspell

MoonSpell are you talking about punishing blocked teleports or whiff punishing? B2 is best for blocked teleports that leave the opponent in a ball-roll state. Timing is a bit tricky though, I usually back dash before inputting B2. You can also do B1,1,f4 or U3 but they do less damage. F4 is used to whiff punish or punish unsafe moves on block like Scorpion's B2.
Hey, I had in mind blocked specials punisher. Not whiff punisher xD. Some moves that has less then -21 frame on block. The most common I saw was b1,1f4,dc 2,3,rd,ds,dash, 112 - and that would make sense as it is 8 frame starter. Thats why I focused on maximizing b1,1, damage output.

ryublaze

Noob
Hey, I had in mind blocked specials punisher. Not whiff punisher xD. Some moves that has less then -21 frame on block. The most common I saw was b1,1f4,dc 2,3,rd,ds,dash, 112 - and that would make sense as it is 8 frame starter. Thats why I focused on maximizing b1,1, damage output.
Oh, well B1 is actually a 14 frame starter. The 2nd hit of B1,1 comes out 8 frames after the 1st hit. F4 is a 13 frame starter and has longer reach.

Saltea Moonspell

Okey, holly shit. Thanks man - I dont know how I red that lol. Well, if f4 is faster then I will focus on f4. I guess then this punisher is useless, as well as this topic. To continue the conversation I will move to General Skarlet thread.

Thanks a lot guys.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The only char who has roll states to punish is mileena (I use u3, u3 dagger, 2, dagger, 1, 1, 2 for her), the other char just get punish once the roll stop if I'm not mistaken so we don't really give a fuck xD

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The only char who has roll states to punish is mileena (I use u3, u3 dagger, 2, dagger, 1, 1, 2 for her), the other char just get punish once the roll stop if I'm not mistaken so we don't really give a fuck xD
Mileena doesn't have recovery frames, that is why she is punished with U3 starter that excels damage instead of scaling.
the others i generally just B2 punish or F31 punish depending of my mood

SaJa

FH_FenriR
If with some practice we can make b2 punish every single time, there is no reason to use f31 (except online mb).