What's new

Tech - Vicious Possible Option Select

Zeeth

Noob
I don't know how this works for lackey/ruthless as I main vicious, but after seeing UltraDavid talk about his Option Select tech I thought I would try to get something with Ferra/Torr.

What I found was you can: back-3(low) > neutral stick position > back-forward+1+2+3 (all done very fast)

On hit you get low into tuck and charge ex, on block nothing comes out or you get Ferra low slide sometimes (I'm probably mistiming it)

NRS has stated this is not really intended and may be patched but for now I thought I would post it. If you guys find any others it would be cool if you let us know :)

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Here is an option select I found; You input B,F3 after the F2 low BnB starter at a delayed timing, so that Tuck 'n' Charge only comes out if they block Kaber Toss.! :D This puts opponent at a hard to block situation since Tuck 'n' Charge begins with a fast, far reaching overhead. And of course, if Kaber Toss does connect, you can pull off your combo as usual. I recorded a clip showcasing it; I record the option select for the AI to use constantly. AI always uses the same input in this mode, yet the outcome changes upon whether the Kaber Toss gets blocked or not!! :cool:

Eminent

Forum Lurker
In vicious I think it would be best to do f2~close ferra toss (option select). On hit you get nothing (combo), on block you get an overhead. If they block the overhead you are at crazy frame advantage and get a guaranteed b121.

All you have to do is time the Ferra Toss. Do the ferratoss input as late as possible.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
In vicious I think it would be best to do f2~close ferra toss (option select). On hit you get nothing (combo), on block you get an overhead. If they block the overhead you are at crazy frame advantage and get a guaranteed b121.

All you have to do is time the Ferra Toss. Do the ferratoss input as late as possible.
Im having trouble doing this. it seems to combo into ferra toss on the first hit of F2. Am I doing it too soon?

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Do it with block off, do f2~close ferra toss but vary the timing of close ferra toss. Try to get a feel when the special comes out and doesn't come out. Then do the same thing with blocking always on.

Then turn on Random Block and try to get it right in the middle where the special comes out on block but not on hit.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Do it with block off, do f2~close ferra toss but vary the timing of close ferra toss. Try to get a feel when the special comes out and doesn't come out. Then do the same thing with blocking always on.

Then turn on Random Block and try to get it right in the middle where the special comes out on block but not on hit.
Thanks my Vicious really needs this vs peope with good defence. Gona hit training mode for a good amount of time tonight