What's new

Possible new feature?

Do you think it would be cool for something like this to be implemented?

• Total voters

Maasik

Mortal
Let me start off by stating.. that I do think Mortal Kombat and Injustice should stay two separate games, but seeing how well both the movement and blockable damaging interactables were merged in.. it could also be cool if MKX adopted some other new features.

Imagine if in the second round, when the "TOASTY!" occasionally happens during a combo.. there was an input the attacker could do where each character has a unique animation of a B3-esque move and they send the opponent flying away; but the opponent gets up and both players jump at each other across the distance leading to a sort of 33/33/33 clash cinematic where its NJP [fastest, bounces opponent for continuation of combo] < NJK [longest active frames, kicks opponent away for big damage] < AA Grab [ignores punches, tackles opponent to the ground for less damage but advantageous positioning] < NJP. :eek:

Last edited:

d3v

SRK
This is a dumb mechanic. Why would anyone go for something that gives their opponent a chance to break out (this new mechanic) over straight up guaranteed damage (not using this mechanic and just finished the combo). The reward would have to be really good for using this (i.e. even more guaranteed damage, think of how in UMvC3 most people only go for TAC to setup TAC infinites).