What's new

Tech - Dualist Possible Liu Kang Tech - Dark Sphere 45% Combo

Here I used the ex Dark Sphere to quickly continue the pressure on my opponent very similarly to the Martian Man Hunter Setups. My execution was a bit slow and I didn't feel the need to redo it, but the pieces are there and if someone masters this it could possibly turn into something nasty.

Here I started a combo and instead of finishing it with 5%+ more damage or so I ended it with a sphere. This needs more testing. It looks like the opponent can escape with how I did it but I imagine with a slight tweak this could set them up nicely--possibly by adding the EX to it. Either way it allows Liu to predict their next action.

Yeah, it seems kinda obvious but it is difficult to get a real handle on. I may have to actually try it in some player matches to see how people react to it to know how good it may be.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I only literally just started experimenting earlier today before I found this thread. Some problems I foresee are armored or moving wake ups and opponents just staying on the ground. It will be very tricky to learn the timing and get the opponent to respect it

I think with the way pressure works in this game staying on the ground is very risky business so the setup still has its uses.

I like your ideas. One of the problems with Dark Orbs are that they literally have no blockstun at all. This gives you no time to jump or even run for an offense unless you're already right next to them. An idea that I haven't been able to test is that you might be able to release an orb after an ender that knocks them far then run over to them to do a string and activate the orb. They might be able to get pushed into it and you might have frame adv (?) after activating?

Things like this is what makes me think Dualist is gonna be his strongest variation in the long run. So much tech and setups to be explored in this variation.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
You can activate them? I thought they just go off after time. Also have any of you guys experienced problems with orbs disappearing in the corners? I found on the left side of sz's temple it disappears. I wanna say maybe the left side of the jungle stage too

I can't activate it but if you EX it activates much faster. I am thinking it is all about timing. Someone will get this right.