What's new

Possible huge story spoiler?

So I was on /co/ when I posted this, and they told me to bring it here. So:

The shot of the boots from Aquaman's reveal trailer that people have thought might be Ocean Master or Black Manta actually match up perfectly with Aquaman's own alt-outfit.

So, it's either a lazy re-use of assests for Orm or another Aquaman. I've seen people say that there is some alt-costume concept art labeled Earth V, so it seems like this is a Justice Lords/CSA alt-Earth invasion? Presumably Superman and the others are also doppelgangers.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Someone posted a similar idea here not too long ago.

Many agreed that there's no real reason to believe that that's aquaman and not any ol' Atlantean, be it his brother or just some dude.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i think what he was reffering to was at the 1:00 minute mark in the aquaman reveal trailer aquaman was talking to someone with those boots, and what he is trying to imply is that another version of aquaman was the person with those boots on. which means aquaman was talking to aquaman.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
i think what he was reffering to was at the 1:00 minute mark in the aquaman reveal trailer aquaman was talking to someone with those boots, and what he is trying to imply is that another version of aquaman was the person with those boots on. which means aquaman was talking to aquaman.
Ice9 probably gets that, that's the theory we talked about in the time travel/alternate uni thread. But everyone sort of argued that it could just be that's what Atlantean boots look like. On the other hand we have the theory that the game centers around the Flash and how he no longer believes that the Regime is right, thus it has been theorised he might go back in time to fix stuff.

But it's also been said that Injustice takes place in another universe, and different versions of the heroes are brought in to fix the Injustice Universe, hence all the alternate costume artwork being labeled Earth V variant etc.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
It's possible.

I guess it just depends... Do we think they are wanting to make their own unique story, or are they just putting their own touch on an already done story. I'd be fine with either, because the Justice Lords story was cool, and there's definitely some similarities already seen that gives credance to that idea.

In Justice Lords you had:
-Lex kills Flash
-Superman kills Lex in retaliation, being tired of people getting killed because they never kill off the enemies.
-Then we see how the world turns out because of it, later leading to a battle between the two different Justice Leagues over which way is better.

So in Injustice we do see a very similar setup, with a tragedy leading to Superman finally snapping. But one difference, is that Batman and other heroes aren't ok with Superman killing and dictatorship. Whereas in the Justice Lords, Batman and everyone else was ok with it.

It's an interesting theory, so we'll have to see how it turns out. If I had to guess, I don't think the execution will be the same, but we could be dealing with a similar idea. So I don't think it'll be the heroes battling their own versions from a different timeline/universe. Could happen, but I do believe it'll be the Insurgency vs. Regime, and with some twists and turns, someone else will be involved.

Joker being shown after he was supposed to be killed years prior, definitely hints at some twists to happen.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I guess it just depends... Do we think they are wanting to make their own unique story, or are they just putting their own touch on an already done story. I'd be fine with either, because the Justice Lords story was cool, and there's definitely some similarities already seen that gives credance to that idea.
What's Justice Lords? Is that like Crime Syndicate of America?