What's new

Possible Glitch?

Justice

Noob
Hi guys! Me again with some new (to me at least) information.

I was in the lab today practicing parts of advanced kombos when I came upon something interesting. What I was doing was :l21:r2 njp > Kartwheel > Uppercut. The interesting thing was that if I hit with both feet during the Kartwheel, my opponent (in this case Kitana) would fall behind me, giving me more time to hit the Uppercut. Visually, it looked like Kitana was being hit and knocked forward like she should be, but would "teleport" behind Sonya on the way down. I'm not sure how many frames it adds on the fall, but it's enough that Sonya would successfully turn around and nail the Uppercut 100%.

This is probably old but I didn't see it posted and I thought the better Sonya players out there might find this information useful (read: abusable :p) I'm sorry there's no video proof; I don't have the gears. I was able to re-create this with regularity so I'm sure you'll be able to see it easily enough.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
If I'm thinking of the right thing, I think a lot of Rain players use this with his waterbubble when they position them right above them.

Justice

Noob
If I'm thinking of the right thing, I think a lot of Rain players use this with his waterbubble when they position them right above them.
Oh! That's right! Maybe it's not the timing of the feet but the timing of the Kartwheel. I mean, if I get the Kartwheel off early enough, I'm directly under my opponent and it triggers the glitch like with Rain.

I also thought it was kind of weird that if I only hit with one foot of the Kartwheel, it registers as a 6-hit, 36% kombo. If I time it right and get both feet to connect, it registers as a 7-hit, 36% kombo... :facepalm: