What's new

Breakthrough Possible corner reset

Ok, let me explain.

#1 Shang Tsung : He reminds me of Shang Tsung in some of his specials and tactics. Obviously the straight fireball-triple fireball are the most similar moves that these characters have in common and they are used the same way. Use fireball to zone your opponent and when they jump to avoid it hit them with the triple fireball and put them full screen. Shang Tsung also has up skull which falls from the sky very similar to Sinestro's meteors. Shang Tsung also has ground skulls that leads to combos; Sinestro has shackles which leads to combos. So Shang Tsung and Sinestro both zone you from multiple angles. However, Many of Shang Tsung's specials are safe on block where as Sinestro's are not; this is where they are different. Which leads me to character #2 Noob Saibot.

#2 Noob Saibot: He reminds me of Noob Saibot in that when you play as him you have draw an imaginary line 1/2 screen to 3/4 screen and know when to and when not to spam projectiles. When Noob Saibot is 3/4 to full screen away from his opponent he wants to spam shadow run and shadow slide as much as possible with the mix-up of the teleport. When an opponent approaches 1/2 screen you want to stop spamming projectiles and completely change your game plan to shadow up-kick, footies, and chain combos. Sinestro follows this to a T. When an opponent is 3/4 to full screen away spam fearblast, meteors, and shackles as much as possible. When the opponent approaches 1/2 screen abandon your projectiles and rely on your constructs: d2, b3, and b1 to play a game of footies zoner to land combos.

#3 Quan Chi: He reminds me of Quan Chi in his trait. Meaning that Sinestro's tier ranking and match up chart fluctuates in game depending on wether or not he has access to his trait or what I like to call "Liquid Characters". Quan Chi is very similar in this regard with his EX: Rune Trap. When Quan Chi has no meter he is a fairly poor character but when he has meter he is one of the most dangerous characters in the game. While Sinestro's gap between no trait and trait is not as severe as Quan Chi's meter-no meter the principle is the same. In my opinion Sinestro no trait maybe 12-15 Sinestro with trait is top 5 for sure. So he falls somewhere in the top 10 if you continually keep his trait out.

#4 Scorpion: The more I play Sinestro the more I see he is a guessing game character. Full screen mix-up between fearblast, meteor, and shackles. He also has his d1 mix-up and his wake up vortex putting the opponent in a guessing game where if you guess right you win you guess wrong you lose. While Scorpion has this built into his character to a much higher degree; Sinestro is still someone who has to take risks to really gain the upper hand in a match.

Not that this really means anything or has value, but I just wanted to post this.

Thoughts???

legion666
Pig Of The Hut
He is Shang because he has mean mustache first of all. :) yeah, judging by gameplay he is a mixture of many. Shang fluxuates in the tier lists too. His soul steal though very situational does change match ups sometimes, again depending on how good you actually are in combining your opponents character tactics with your own. So there is similarity with Sinestros trait even in the gameplay. But that's not how I choose a main, I need to like the character. And of course I will main MMH if he even makes it into this game because of shape shifting powers. But Sinestro my day 1 choice no doubt. Damn even his throw does 9% damage like Shang's:) too bad it doesn't give him 3% life back:(

Not to rain on ppls parade, but cant they do a push block? it certainly forces them to use meter but if this becomes really well known.... well ya know....

Not to rain on ppls parade, but cant they do a push block? it certainly forces them to use meter but if this becomes really well known.... well ya know....
Yes of course. They can push block the b2 if they expect it, not sure about Arachnide. That is just a great option, and if you make them spend meter before you spend yours,and you keep the trait too,I'd say it's still in your favor )