What's new

Tech Positional awareness, add 11% damage for 1 meter.

Just messing about in training here. Don't know if anyone will work this into their game but by using one bar of meter ,in a very specific situation, you can add 11% to your BnB. This demands that you are aware of your surroundings.

From jumping in punch 2,2 hit confirm:

Midscreen BnB
JiP 2,2 xx Freeze => Dash back JiP 2,1,4 xx Slide ( or NjP B1,2 2,1,2 xx Slide) 33% dmg.

Corner combo BnB
JiP 2,2,4 xx Freeze Dash back, whiff first part of B1,2 2,1,4 xx Slide 41%

Now I thought, what if I can do the Corner combo almost in the corner?
At a certain distance the 2,2,4 xx Freeze whiffs, you can add EX the the freeze for the speed (and better scaling). This combo stops working at a distance when you need two dashes after EX Freeze to catch your opponent.

Probably shouldn't say I came up with it, but didn't see it discussed yet.

Corner Proximity Combo:
JiP 2,2,4 xx EX Freeze Dash forward (some times not needed, depends on distance) whiff first part of B1,2 2,1,4 xx Slide 44%.

Wish I could produce some footage to show you what I mean. Might solve this later this week.

Loot

the special effects
224 EX Freeze works mid, so I'd assume so. Not sure if izt takes more than two dashes.

Fate

Noob
Just tested this. TC was right. It has to be close to corner but not in it. Midscreen the distance is too great to cover and whiff the B12 to start.

EDIT: Here is a video I just got. Is this what you mean TC? I'm not quite sure on the positioning. I put the regular corner combo you listed in there second just for reference. You could do that a little further back too. I could never land this with 2 dashes though. They always fell. I found the spot I did it from to be the "sweet" spot for me at least.

Fate, thanks alot mate. Essentially captured what I was saying.
It can be done even alittle further from the corner.

I can not be done midscreen whereas the opponent will be frozen to far away.

nice!

couple of variations that do work midscreen: jip, 2,2,4 xx ex freeze, dash x2, 2,1,2 xx slide 38%

jip, 2,2,4 xx ex freeze, dash, b1(whiff), 2, 2,1,2 xx slide 42% Hard to land but its doable anyways.

kisan

Noob
this is probably going to be doing less if they decide to patch the ex freeze.
it currently has no scaling at all if you hit an airborn opponent with it.

We will see, as long as I can get 11% out of one bar I think i will use it.

Like your examples demonlos, but I don't know if one bar is worth 5%.

We will see, as long as I can get 11% out of one bar I think i will use it.

Like your examples demonlos, but I don't know if one bar is worth 5%.
Unless it's for the kill you are absolutely right. Subs' Xray and having a combo breaker are more important than 5% for sure. My other combo may be worth the extra damage, if it can be done consistently that is. At least we have some options for extra damage so thanks for bringing this to light!