What's new

Question - Summoner 'Poor defense'

thlityoursloat

kick kick
How do I fuck am I supposed to deal with njp and jp spammers? Every single time I get a knock down they jump on the first wakeup frame and I can't get any pressure going, midscreen is even worse since I'm chasing them around while shitting myself over the possibility of getting touched by a jp and getting jailed into a 50/50.
How do I deal with Quan's atrocious defense?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Yup pretty but l much what bdizzle said, just throw out a string or a special move or hell anything. The only thing quan can do is sit there and block

Solignac

Noob
Yeah pretty much what bdizz said. I had trouble with this the first time i started the game. This game is all about pressure. You just need to time your attack correctly on knockdown. If you do that right, the only way they can escape is by armoring. If they do a regular wakeup or jump, they should get stuffed.

Easier said than done with moves like cassie's flip kick on wakeup. Also tech rolling and delayed wakeup adds to the mix.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I use EB and I tried doing 21122 on knock down and he still jumped on wake up. Thing is, I burn through meter to chase the egg head down and by the time I'm close I don't have much bar for 21122 ex sand pressure.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I use EB and I tried doing 21122 on knock down and he still jumped on wake up. Thing is, I burn through meter to chase the egg head down and by the time I'm close I don't have much bar for 21122 ex sand pressure.
Perhaps your timing was a bit off hell you can probably just do 112 for an easier option since the string is faster

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
His NjPattacks shouldn't be a worry after knockdown, it's super risky. It's one of the better neutral defensive tools in the game, so don't let the QC downplayers fool you into thinking this character has no options vs rush down, all he is lacking defensively is armour, hit footsies are still really dope. However, if you are playing online, it's a different game, fast stuff like this and Kung Lao's regular spin, Subs slide, etc can get sneaky wake up in because lag throws everything out.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
It's largely about making reads when it comes to keeping Quan down.

Let me see if I can be more specific:

When you knock Quan down, you have a lot of options. If he's doing a delayed wake up, you can actually run him into the corner. Running against a grounded opponent will cause them to be pushed along the ground if they're doing a delayed wake up.

Use a fast jab string, or something with multiple hits. Sky Drop has a lot of start up, so you can armor break him if he tries to use meter fairly easily.

Just because he gets a MB Sky Drop off, doesn't mean he's out of the woods, yet. You can do almost anything to Quan as he's coming down from a Sky Drop

Njp, throws, uppercuts, strings all work on Sky Drop on the way down.

Quan Chi players use and abuse his exceptional NJP, so you need to keep an eye out for it. Your best bet is to bait it and try to trip guard him on the way down.

I hope this helps.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
start a string while he is still knocked down, if he jumps on wakeup he takes damage and gets back down.