What's new

Pokken:Tournament Game Discussion thread

skater11

The saltiest
Title. Not much to say, though I have seen a handful of Pokken Tournament gameplay just recently for whatever reason(bumped into some vids on youtube and started watching). Seeing as the game is about to release mid March(18th I believe). So I went ahead and made this thread.

Not really a spoiler but here's the box art to show the game I'm referring to:
Below here I will post a YouTube video containing the game's setup+tutorial+practice first time you load the game.
Something I found interesting was the "Field Phase & Dual Phase" camera angles during matches. It's like it changes from 3D into 2D during or after certain specific moves.
Topic starting questions
-How the hell does this game work with 2 players offline?(Camera angles usually focus on Player 1 only)
-How do you guys feel about Pokken Tournament being at EVO 2016?
-Predictions about the game so far? How do you see it?
-Technical enough to be considered a true fighter? or is it simply like the Naruto games but with Pokemons instead?
-Would you guys have preferred a sequel or a similar version to the "Pokemon Colosseum" games? ie not a fighter?

Last edited:

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I am just curious if it will connect back to the main games and to what extent. Honestly, I'd much rather a sequel to Snap or a return to form Stadium type affair than this Pokkén cornstrosity.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This game's amazing. It is simple enough to pick up but when you get into the nitty gritty of CADC's and the counter/grab/jab system it actually is fairly complex and interesting.

I don't actually own the game but i've been heading to my local arcade and playing it. Once I understood the game it became the most fun i've had with a FG in years.

Im not saying buy a Wii U just for it, but if you haven't already I would highly suggest giving it a shot.