What's new

Pokedy Poke poke poke

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I was wondering, as a Johnny Cage player I was wondering if anyone was done any of offensive poking eith cage.

Using 1 and V 3 has got me far in canceling and starting combos into those who jump in towards me.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
2,1, f+3, 44 are good poke options.
The problem with those IMO is that those push the opponent away, and when I poke I want to be in the point where they try anything my speed out matches theirs and they can't do much besides waste some meter.

kr3wman

Noob
1 doesnt hit crouchers and d3 is even on hit, on block it must be alot worse, so you can't use too much of those.

NariTuba

disMember
best pokes: f3 - f3,3 - f3,3,Ex low fireball - d1 - 1 - 1,1 (last 2 for standing opp only)

non of these pushes the opp out of your reach

2,1 works when they expect 2,1,f2 but I believe its neutral on block.

f3,3,b3,Ex low fireball also works if they expect f3,3,b3 d1.

d4 has some extra range for situation specific purposes

leek

Noob
What I want to know is how to deal with a D+4 situation with Mileena or someone of the sort. I legitimately don't know how to handle a situation where someone is shin-kicking for the entire match with Cage. I back up to throw a forceball, get rushed and eat a combo, flip kick is stuffed, shadow kick obviously is stuffed, nut punch works maybe 1/10 times. What are you supposed to do against a D+4 with Cage?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
What I want to know is how to deal with a D+4 situation with Mileena or someone of the sort. I legitimately don't know how to handle a situation where someone is shin-kicking for the entire match with Cage. I back up to throw a forceball, get rushed and eat a combo, flip kick is stuffed, shadow kick obviously is stuffed, nut punch works maybe 1/10 times. What are you supposed to do against a D+4 with Cage?
Ex Dick Punch. or if you place your self JUUUUSST right you can do a 1,3,2 combo (The 2 should be the only thing that hits).
I'm going to guess if you do a 2,1,B+4 from a distance when you may be able to hit them with the B+4 (or F+2? Not sure I will test this out however)

EDIT: Just did a test against my friend who played as Mileena he did d+4. 1,3,2 RARELY works. 2,1, B+4 or F+2 doesn't work... However.
Inbetween the D+4 pokes (this requires strict timing but WORKS) You can use a F+3 into dick punch. F+3, 3, B+3 Will also work to prevent them from poking. You can also use a B+3 to launch them in between the pokes. This is so strict, you have to do it in between a D+4 and another. Out of all of these I think the safest would be a F+3.

blanked

Noob
I found that out but then i started to just do 44 and it works fine. 44 gives you a free jump as well on hit. I think it's neutral or + on block (i'm really not 100% certain). when people d4 spam me i just 44 then cross over and if i they're standing i'll poke again, if not i'll do more 44.

leek

Noob
Ex Dick Punch. or if you place your self JUUUUSST right you can do a 1,3,2 combo (The 2 should be the only thing that hits).
I'm going to guess if you do a 2,1,B+4 from a distance when you may be able to hit them with the B+4 (or F+2? Not sure I will test this out however)
Oh jeez, I totally forgot about the EX punch. that'd work great o_o thanks man!

leek

Noob
I found that out but then i started to just do 44 and it works fine. 44 gives you a free jump as well on hit. I think it's neutral or + on block (i'm really not 100% certain). when people d4 spam me i just 44 then cross over and if i they're standing i'll poke again, if not i'll do more 44.
44 hits and doesn't get interrupted? sweeeeeet. Thanks man, appreciate it.

And yeah, I think 44 might give you maybe 2+ frames on hit (they have 2 stagger.) because I can seem to get a F+3,2 in all the time after 44. Thanks!

blanked

Noob
yeah it has massive range so even if the first misses, the second kick will hit as you move foward. I prefer it to ex nutpunch cos i don't want to waste meter and it does the same job, but that's just me.

NariTuba

disMember
Both your d3 and d1 are faster than mileenas d4. If you do f3,3 - d1 she will be hit by the d1 before she can get that d4 to connect. She can use a well timed d4 to try to keep you away but if she repeats it all you have to do is counter poke. If you d3 her d4 you can come in with f3 and lock her down.