What's new

Plus on block jump kick - aka kick - throw

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 61096

Here's what everyone has seen. jump kick into throw - jump kick into throw - jump kick into throw

The game forces you to neutral crouch after block a jump kick. Why??

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Here's what everyone has seen. jump kick into throw - jump kick into throw - jump kick into throw

The game forces you to neutral crouch after block a jump kick. Why??
It doesn’t force you. You can Duck, block high, or block low, to avoid grabs, highs, or lows. If you don’t know how to tech a throw, anti air, block properly, or punish properly, then you shouldn’t be blaming the game for your inability to counter scrub tactics, its completely on you.

D

Deleted member 61096

It doesn’t force you. You can Duck, block high, or block low, to avoid grabs, highs, or lows. If you don’t know how to tech a throw, anti air, block properly, or punish properly, then you shouldn’t be blaming the game for your inability to counter scrub tactics, its completely on you.
Oh I see, it's another try hard again. Jump kicks are for out prioritizing anti air, traditionally. If your opponent blocks it. It's now his/her turn. Jump in punches have less priority hence the ability to allow you to continue your pressure. This is bad game design. Deep Neutral jump kick in MKX were plus but not jump in kicks.

There is so much fundamentally wrong with this game and you would know it if you played anything ever outside of NRS titles.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Oh I see, it's another try hard again. Jump kicks are for out prioritizing anti air, traditionally. If your opponent blocks it. It's now his/her turn. Jump in punches have less priority hence the ability to allow you to continue your pressure. This is bad game design. Deep Neutral jump kick in MKX were plus but not jump in kicks.

There is so much fundamentally wrong with this game and you would know it if you played anything ever outside of NRS titles.
Wait, let me get this straight, so I’m the try hard because I know how to counter a scrubby tactic? Gotcha.

D

Deleted member 61096

You're not countering shit bro. It's not your turn anymore. Go ahead and neutral crouch. Eat a full combo. You counter it if you anti air. The point is. Jump kicks should not be that plus. Go play MK9/ I1 / MKX / I2. This shit ridiculous. There are so many hidden 50/50's in this game. MKX was just more obvious about it.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
The irony is that this exact tactic is used in every 2D fighter known to man yet he felt the need to say, “you would know it if you played anything ever outside of NRS titles”.

:rolleyes:
The funny thing is, I don’t play a lot of fighters aside from NRS titles, and I still know how to counter it. I guess that makes me a try hard. Oh well.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Oh I see, it's another try hard again.
Do you realize what forum your on?

I'm not even kidding when I say this, but maybe you should post more on gamefaqs. You're just angry and want to vent, I get it, but dude, you're preaching to the wrong people.

This site is aimed at people who look for solutions for problems and will give you the solution when you make threads like this. It's MOSTLY "try hards" here.

And about your topic. Think it through a bit. If you just block the incoming attack or mixup, you're okay. If you take a grab and attempt to tech it you risk taking 14%. If you neutral duck or neutral jump to punish a grab attempt you could get up to 35% or more if you have a krushing blow or fatal blow ready. The risk/reward is in your favor if you truly are getting harassed often by jumpkick>grabs and you make a correct read on one.

And I know it's been mentioned already, but practically every single fighting game that exists grants a mixup on a blocked jump in. The only reason MK11 has so many more + frames than other 2D fighters is because moves startup slower so they add more + frames to compensate.

Look for solutions man. It's not all about just complaining.

D

Deleted member 61096

Do you realize what forum your on?

I'm not even kidding when I say this, but maybe you should post more on gamefaqs. You're just angry and want to vent, I get it, but dude, you're preaching to the wrong people.

This site is aimed at people who look for solutions for problems and will give you the solution when you make threads like this. It's MOSTLY "try hards" here.

And about your topic. Think it through a bit. If you just block the incoming attack or mixup, you're okay. If you take a grab and attempt to tech it you risk taking 14%. If you neutral duck or neutral jump to punish a grab attempt you could get up to 35% or more if you have a krushing blow or fatal blow ready. The risk/reward is in your favor if you truly are getting harassed often by jumpkick>grabs and you make a correct read on one.

And I know it's been mentioned already, but practically every single fighting game that exists grants a mixup on a blocked jump in. The only reason MK11 has so many more + frames than other 2D fighters is because moves startup slower so they add more + frames to compensate.

Look for solutions man. It's not all about just complaining.

I'm not even kidding when I say this, I almost gave myself a concussion when I face palmed reading this. There is no solution to this. You have to eat a mixup if you block a jump kick. They wanted to design a turn based game and they failed. They made the biggest 50/50 fest they've ever made. It's just more clandestine.

I would rip you apart in any of their previous titles. But I'm very open about this. In it's current state, I hate this game right now.

There no sense of discovery or learning. It's just oh yeah there's more scrub shit.

D

Deleted member 61096

The irony is that this exact tactic is used in every 2D fighter known to man yet he felt the need to say, “you would know it if you played anything ever outside of NRS titles”.

:rolleyes:
Except it's not in every game at all...

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Look man, instead of trying to change every aspect of the game, try adapting and finding ways to beat the problems you face.

The jump kick is not garanteed. I've anti aired jump kicks plenty of times, not as much as jump in punches but it's possible especially if you have good anti airs.
You can also stay back in footsie range making the jump kick risky. It is out of thier favor as has been stated and it's not something you would want to do over and over. Try walking back and punishing, Teleport since literally almost every character has one. There are many moves that avoid them and jumps are slow AF in this game. I'm saying this not to be an ass so try to see the good in it. You have complained about several game mechanics wanting them removed. You haven't made a thread asking for tips or advise to deal with said problems so naturally your response isn't butterflies and rainbows.

There are options reguardless if you call them counters or not. On top of that you can counter both options after blocking the jump kick if you don't evade it and do choose to block it and then you can tech it and it's the largest window to do so that I remember in mk games.

Hopefully you find tech to deal with your problems you are facing with, Fatal Blow, Fatalities and Jump kicks.

What Characters are you using and what character is jumping on you over and over? Maybe someone can share what they use to counter JIK.

E

Eldriken

Yeah, this thread is closed. Please don't make topics if all you're gonna do is act like an ass towards everyone.

Why not change that behavior altogether? Your shtick seems to be: bitch and complain, repeat ad infinitum.

Status
Not open for further replies.