What's new

Please take more than a week to Playtest

SZSR

Noob
I'm as excited as anyone to see this game coming out but I would really like to see it received well in the competitive FGC as well, and pretty much one of the only avenues to do that is playtest, playtest, playtest.

I wanna see some of the same people from MK9 testing it, but I mainly want to see a very dedicated effort to making it polished. And any one of the top players in the community will show the dedication to making it great.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Have they said if that's even there goal, to make a serious fighter?

This seems like something they would just do on the side to get more money for WB, then make a serious MK10.

RT @_Karried_ @noobde Will DC Fighter be as in depth and competitive as MK9? Please say, yes. EB: Absolutely, wait til you see the features.
Well, maybe I guess. Hopefully it isn't MKvsDC2 and all the DC characters are just MK characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If you're asking for months of playtesting, your hopes are hella high. And even months of playtesting can't save the game from being broke as fuck. There's only so much you can prepare for before release.

SZSR

Noob
If you're asking for months of playtesting, your hopes are hella high. And even months of playtesting can't save the game from being broke as fuck. There's only so much you can prepare for before release.
Honestly, not even months, i'm not sure how far in development they are now, but considering the release date is next year, they're probably a little more than half way.

Just two or three weeks to get the stupid most obvious crap out of the way (no more day 1 infinites) and just a once over each of the characters in the roster to make sure no one is broken. I know they can't realistically cover everything but just some time on everyone so that each character feels fair and rewarding to play.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Honestly, not even months, i'm not sure how far in development they are now, but considering the release date is next year, they're probably a little more than half way.

Just two or three weeks to get the stupid most obvious crap out of the way (no more day 1 infinites) and just a once over each of the characters in the roster to make sure no one is broken. I know they can't realistically cover everything but just some time on everyone so that each character feels fair and rewarding to play.
You can't entirely prevent broken stuff. It happens because players explore to the bone. Seriously there's only so much playtesting can do for you. Once the game hits the masses, that is when everything opens up.

UMK3 was tested in the arcades and it still managed to have new broken shit found years later (not the glitch jabs).

SZSR

Noob
You can't entirely prevent broken stuff. It happens because players explore to the bone. Seriously there's only so much playtesting can do for you. Once the game hits the masses, that is when everything opens up.

UMK3 was tested in the arcades and it still managed to have new broken shit found years later (not the glitch jabs).
Yeah I totally understand that, MKvsDC found new infinites later in its life, MK9 found even more broken stuff, i've seen all that.

Additionally, who's to say that fixing one thing might not create an entirely new problem?

But I just don't want this game going out in the masses without at least being looked at closely. I know playtesting won't be an end all be all filter but all I ask is for some time looking at it.