What's new

Please help with frametraps!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
From what i understand blocked gskull is +3 on block and d4 gives me a free dash f434

how exactly do i pressure?doesn't seem like a whole lot of a frame advantage.

also,should i rushdown or chill back and zone?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Shangs frametraps are more guessing games rather than proper 'you're stuck there now take it' frametraps, people can jump out after the up skull, or use a move thats 7 frames or faster. You just gotta guess what their reaction is gonna be and punish it accordingly.

Least thats what I've noticed

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Shangs frametraps are more guessing games rather than proper 'you're stuck there now take it' frametraps, people can jump out after the up skull, or use a move thats 7 frames or faster. You just gotta guess what their reaction is gonna be and punish it accordingly.

Least thats what I've noticed
i'm talking about groundskulls.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
From what i understand blocked gskull is +3 on block and d4 gives me a free dash f434

how exactly do i pressure?doesn't seem like a whole lot of a frame advantage.

also,should i rushdown or chill back and zone?
When you're getting rushed down, counterattack with your pokes (d1 or d3) and on hit from there on you can start the f4, cl gr skull game. It is not guaranteed as your opponent may interrupt with their pokes, but it does not happen that much.That's pretty much it. It's a guessing game, of wether you'll block his poke, or if you'll d1/d3 him or if you'll f4, ground skull.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
When you're getting rushed down, counterattack with your pokes (d1 or d3) and on hit from there on you can start the f4, cl gr skull game. It is not guaranteed as your opponent may interrupt with their pokes, but it does not happen that much.That's pretty much it. It's a guessing game, of wether you'll block his poke, or if you'll d1/d3 him or if you'll f4, ground skull.
so basicaly i poke,set up my f4 gskull pressure and just start the 50/50? thats it?

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
so basicaly i poke,set up my f4 gskull pressure and just start the 50/50? thats it?
Yeah, that's pretty much it, unless your opponent does not know the matchup, you can end all your other strings in ground skulls (f4,3,4/ f,3,4/ 2,2,1/ b1,2,1,4), but once they get enough experience, they'll interrupt all your strings or most of them. And if your opponent does not know how to counterpoke then just abuse f4, gs to dead. Also, if you sense your opponent likes to D3 a lot (like Noob Saibot would do since his d1 is 8f), you can cross jump him. (though he can just LOLOLUPKNEE GTFO, but it's essentially the guessing game again)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, that's pretty much it, unless your opponent does not know the matchup, you can end all your other strings in ground skulls (f4,3,4/ f,3,4/ 2,2,1/ b1,2,1,4), but once they get enough experience, they'll interrupt all your strings or most of them. And if your opponent does not know how to counterpoke then just abuse f4, gs to dead. Also, if you sense your opponent likes to D3 a lot (like Noob Saibot would do since his d1 is 8f), you can cross jump him. (though he can just LOLOLUPKNEE GTFO, but it's essentially the guessing game again)
one last thing (since i can't double post in the MU thread plus it won't notify you)

after a blocked f4 gs,does poking allow me to continue f4 gs?

i always jump out after f4 gs and crossup but i get hit by d3s on my way down while i jip.

and i might need some help with AA,if i 1 on reaction i tend to do it too soon,sometimes too late when i expect them to,etc.

and do i punish crossups with d1?does it ever work?been punished for it.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
one last thing (since i can't double post in the MU thread plus it won't notify you)

after a blocked f4 gs,does poking allow me to continue f4 gs?
No. D+1 gives you +1 on hit and is ike -11 on block (yes, all D1s in this game are punishable) The frame advantage given by a successful D+1 does not make D+1 xx F+4, GS uninterruptable. However, it'll most likely let you land a F4, GS since it's 10f raw and hits mid. Your opponent can still poke you back if you input F4, GS. He can D3 or he can armor through it. (but it's always risky, and it's basically the same guessing game again).
If he pokes you back and you block it, you should punish accordingly. (has he breaker? F4,cgs, mgs, fgs, (US). If he doesn't, then F4,3,4, mGS, fGS, US)

i always jump out after f4 gs and crossup but i get hit by d3s on my way down while i jip.
A D3 is countering you? I don't think that's happening. Might be D1s the ones that are AAing you. D3 hitbox is too low on the ground for it to be used as AA.
Anyway, crossups these days aren't as effective, so I'd suggest landing a deep jump kick instead of a jip when you crossup. You can land the basic AA combo off a deep jump kick (djk, 1, 1,2, f4,3, US or something among those lines). If it's blocked, the frame advantange is enough as for to go for the F4, GS guessing game again, or go for a throw.

and i might need some help with AA,if i 1 on reaction i tend to do it too soon,sometimes too late when i expect them to,etc.

and do i punish crossups with d1?does it ever work?been punished for it.
Yes, it works a lot, and it's a bit hard to get the hang out of it at first, but that's with any character. However, here's what I learned after eating many many jips.
- If he's crossing you up from too far away (meaning he isn't right next to you when he jumps), your character will be stuck on the animation facing where your opponent's initial position was, so that when your shang finally turns around, it'll be too late for your D+1 to connect.
What you can do on this situation is D+3 to lower your hitbox, and if he decides to do another crossup, your opponent will be jumping too close to you, so that when he turns around, you will be facing him in time and your D+1s will get him the vast majority of the time. Only on rare situations it will not connect and you'll be punished, but if you aren't feeling confident you can D+3 to lower your hitbox once again.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No. D+1 gives you +1 on hit and is ike -11 on block (yes, all D1s in this game are punishable) The frame advantage given by a successful D+1 does not make D+1 xx F+4, GS uninterruptable. However, it'll most likely let you land a F4, GS since it's 10f raw and hits mid. Your opponent can still poke you back if you input F4, GS. He can D3 or he can armor through it. (but it's always risky, and it's basically the same guessing game again).
If he pokes you back and you block it, you should punish accordingly. (has he breaker? F4,cgs, mgs, fgs, (US). If he doesn't, then F4,3,4, mGS, fGS, US)

A D3 is countering you? I don't think that's happening. Might be D1s the ones that are AAing you. D3 hitbox is too low on the ground for it to be used as AA.
Anyway, crossups these days aren't as effective, so I'd suggest landing a deep jump kick instead of a jip when you crossup. You can land the basic AA combo off a deep jump kick (djk, 1, 1,2, f4,3, US or something among those lines). If it's blocked, the frame advantange is enough as for to go for the F4, GS guessing game again, or go for a throw.

Yes, it works a lot, and it's a bit hard to get the hang out of it at first, but that's with any character. However, here's what I learned after eating many many jips.
- If he's crossing you up from too far away (meaning he isn't right next to you when he jumps), your character will be stuck on the animation facing where your opponent's initial position was, so that when your shang finally turns around, it'll be too late for your D+1 to connect.
What you can do on this situation is D+3 to lower your hitbox, and if he decides to do another crossup, your opponent will be jumping too close to you, so that when he turns around, you will be facing him in time and your D+1s will get him the vast majority of the time. Only on rare situations it will not connect and you'll be punished, but if you aren't feeling confident you can D+3 to lower your hitbox once again.
What do YOU do when you can't get near your opponent?i've got a jump happy Jax who can anti air most of the time and tends to assrape the hell out of 1 meaning that the animation comes instantly and i never win an air to air fight,if i try to jump,bam anti air,i crossup,he jumps back while mashing 1 and anti airs me in times,can't get near him because my AA 1 almost never works and i mostly get poked anyways.

i've tried adding more pokes to gskulls since i watched Detroit's fight vs cd jr but thing is,cd jr wasn't defending himself,no NJP,no counter pokes,almost nothing.

what do i do after my f4 gs/skull gs and how do i get near my opponent?also fighting a horribly hard to get to subzero and i'l basically helpless vs any decent players,the most i'll do is 70% dmg,maybe win a round if i'm lucky.

i wish i had recording software,that way i could post vids.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
My way of getting to my opponent would be dashing in with block and d3. I dont play a lot with Jax but i do with Kitana. And believe me, this is nightmare. You gotta figure out what your opponent plays - what are his cards. Once you do, you can either apply skull prusure or go with rush down.

When f4gs is blocked you can try to: quick dash d3~grab, b2~ss, d4ss, dash f434gs etc.
The Sub quest is is hard. Dont use horizontal skull as this is almost always lost trade. Use up skulls with SS from max distance (that way you will be safe in case of jump or freeze). Close GS is good to throw once in while (it blow the jump confidence). But dont abuse it cause You will get frozen. Sub's preassure online is fucked up. Your best option imo is d3 in between prussure and Ex SS.