What's new

Community Quit Smoking Project

This thread is to support anyone and everyone in the community that wants to quit smoking.

This all started when Jamessmk suggested smoking a carton a day to raise money for cancer research, but instead of killing himself the community (most notably hecterrific) spoke up and told him instead to quit smoking. So think of this page like an official petition to tell jamessmk that we want him cigarette free and cancer free.
This facebook page got put up and he quit: https://www.facebook.com/JamessmkNeedsToQuitSmoking

This page and this thread is for anyone and everyone that wants to quit. Anyone that needs motivation, someone to talk to, or whatever if you post or come to any of us we will be here to talk and help you through.

I ask for the assistance of the moderators to make sure this doesnt get trolled or that noone sincerely trying to quit takes any slack about it. GamerBlake90 9.95 STORMS FrothyOmen Juggs Tim Static MKillBill CrimsonShadow 1man3letters

People who have committed to quitting:
Jamessmk (tagged above)
zaf
GnG CrimsonPanther

Hope he manages to quit, good on him. I tried to quit with an E-Cig and failed, then I switched to Natural American Spirits. They are additive/chemical free. Just straight up tobacco. They don't reek like Marlboro Reds, they burn slow and are packed way tighter than Marlboros. Ever since switching I've noticed that my cough has calmed down. I never knew about these smokes until recently.

It kills you, which should be incentive enough tbh. Go for it James, you can do it!
Yes, smoking slowly but inevitably kills the smoker. Speeding up Death's chariot to your doorstep.

You have the POWAAAAAAAAH to quit smoking, James! Just say that you will quit smoking, and mean what you say! And like magic, you can quit!

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
If your only gonna quit only if u have enough likes on facebook, sorry but your never gonna make it. Quitting is something you do when u absolutely want to quit and not if somebody want u too, cause chances are very slim u will be able to quit this way.

Good luck nonetheless tough

Doesnt matter why he's quitting in my opinion. If this finally gets him to quit smoking it can only be a good thing and there's no down side.

if he wants to quit, then he'll REALLY try to quit. a thread aint gonna make any difference, hes the only 1 in control of his habits.
Look at his twitter, he's committed to it. again, there's no down side. if he doesnt quit then you used a quarter of a second to like a page. if he does then you helped a man better his health and save $2000 a year (per pack per day) that he could use on tournaments or getting his wife a nice gift, or getting a golden toilet seat (or i guess he could save for retirement...).

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Quitting any sort of habit is a matter of replacing it with another. Drinking a glass of water worked for my gramps when he quit smoking at the age of 55. Eventually he had to piss so often that he realized he might as well just not have a habit. That's the successful replacement and removal. It doesn't work for everybody, mind. We're all wired differently.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Doesnt matter why he's quitting in my opinion. If this finally gets him to quit smoking it can only be a good thing and there's no down side.
u don't get my point, even if he has a billion likes on facebook, it only matters when he wants to do it for HIMSELF

edit: trust me, i am/was smoking too, and i know what its like...

u don't get my point, even if he has a billion likes on facebook, it only matters when he wants to do it for HIMSELF

edit: trust me, i am/was smoking too, and i know what its like...
I'm not here to debate (unusually enough), just to show james that the community supports him in quitting. I was also a smoker at one point, so i know how viable quitting is if you really decide to do it. I quit for a girl, not for myself. that's why i say it doesnt matter why someone quits, just that they do.

I have been on the road to quitting smoking now for almost ten days now.

I have said i would quit in the past and never made it this far, which for me is huge.

i m not gunna give up, just like my competitive side.
hell yeah man, keep it up!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i will quit smoking too but only if my band gets 10000 likes and shares, im totally committed to quitting so long as i get the million likes and i promise ill quit (then and only then and if you dont make it to a million i keep smoking and you dont get your likes back)

i will quit smoking too but only if my band gets 10000 likes and shares, im totally committed to quitting so long as i get the million likes and i promise ill quit (then and only then and if you dont make it to a million i keep smoking and you dont get your likes back)
there's a difference between a band and a support page. Get the fuck out of here with that negativity.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
thanks for tagging me to find the thread DJ L Toro

tried a few times to quit but didnt go well.
for health/money reasons i know its a good idea and my girlfriend is always talking about me quitting.
im 26 atm and my dad died at 50 and he was a heavy smoker.

tired gum and the patches just made me feel ill, people keep talking about this e-cig thing? that any use?

thanks for tagging me to find the thread DJ L Toro

tried a few times to quit but didnt go well.
for health/money reasons i know its a good idea and my girlfriend is always talking about me quitting.
im 26 atm and my dad died at 50 and he was a heavy smoker.

tired gum and the patches just made me feel ill, people keep talking about this e-cig thing? that any use?
My uncle is currently using a vaporizer and he hasnt smoked a cigarette in 2 years and is about to drop the vap permanently. same for my friend jef, but i think he likes the flavors in the vap.
@0-beef_supreme-0 you have used a vap right, what're your thoughts on it?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
My uncle is currently using a vaporizer and he hasnt smoked a cigarette in 2 years and is about to drop the vap permanently. same for my friend jef, but i think he likes the flavors in the vap.
@0-beef_supreme-0 you have used a vap right, what're your thoughts on it?
are the vaporizers the same as the electric cigs so something different?