What's new

Question - Master of Souls Please help. How do anti air Cross up jump punches?

im having a really hard time dealing with people online who constantly go into a string thats 0 or plus and then they just cross me up and if i block it they rinse and repeat. Im almost always jailed into eat the block pressure even if i block their cross up. Ive tried standing 1 and 2, low profiling them with d3, and crouching 1, nothing seems consistent except for uppercut and thats only if that doesnt whiff completely. Am i doing something wrong? I could anti air just fine in mk9 and injustice.

MajinRY

PSN: MajinRY
D1 for cross ups, you have to be quite late with it though. D2 is also pretty good. If they keep doing it over and over njp works pretty well but if you make the wrong read you're getting punished as his njp sucks

im having a really hard time dealing with people online who constantly go into a string thats 0 or plus and then they just cross me up and if i block it they rinse and repeat. Im almost always jailed into eat the block pressure even if i block their cross up. Ive tried standing 1 and 2, low profiling them with d3, and crouching 1, nothing seems consistent except for uppercut and thats only if that doesnt whiff completely. Am i doing something wrong? I could anti air just fine in mk9 and injustice.
12m12s

MajinRY

PSN: MajinRY
If it's from them doing a string that's neutral and going for a cross up you should get a clean d2 every time though

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
1) If you trust in your reads, an instant neutral jump punch works.
2) Would also explore your anti-air options with your character. I would say though that standing 1s and low profiling D1s or D3s works for the majority of the cast.
3) If you are getting inconsistent results, I would just focus on using your mobility to get you out of pressure and even trip guard the jump in. See them jump, forward dash/walk forward to make them wiff.

Afumba

Noob
Beside of what was said d4 is an option too. For some ppls its Ermacs best antiair move. I like it more than d2/d1 against scorp for exmaple.
Against Shinnok d2 works just fine btw. I play against Imposter alot and its consistent enough for me.

I've had success using standing 1, though that option may be character specific( I play Jacqui). I've seen Big D use d1 for cross-ups so I'd say practice doing that. And like other people have said NJPs work too if you make a read