What's new

Players should be rewarded for playing online

So right now, game week 2, it takes me around 10 minutes average to find an online game in PS4 (with a bunch of decliners in the middle, probably bc of w/l ratio).

I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people that enjoy playing online, but we have them grinding towers because it's the most efficient way of getting cool items (or making the AI do it, which is even worst).
I wonder what is the thought process behind this for NRS and WB. What's the point of having a lot of users watching the game play itself? They made a lot of things to introduce newcomers to the online competition (amazing tutorial, great netcode etc) but on the other hand we have this thing... I honestly feel that the game is punishing me for playing online instead of those boring ass tower or AI battle (AI BATTLE, LIKE WTF).

I know many ppl just play offline modes, but I believe playing online against real people should be as rewarding as playing offline. Don't punish people for playing the game mode that will keep your game alive.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you. The only tower stuff I enjoy doing at all is the group battles against the boss, and that's only because it something cooperative and some teamwork is involved.
I feel like there should be 3 of those towers active at all times..

I think maybe they could award something maybe every 10 or so wins, possibly a random tower of time skin.

Maybe every 25 "Games" played with a specific character could award a random piece of tower of time accessory

Hell even time crystals would be better than what we get now.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The problem here is the change of the krypt. Now that not everything can be found inside it, you are forced to play the ToT and watch the AI battles to get stuff. If everything was in the Krypt you would eventually get it by playing online, even if it took much longer than in other modes.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I agree. this would stop a lot of the bitching. Just make it a guaranteed skin every 5-10 levels or something, and gear inbetween. Not everyone likes offline stuff

Yeah finding matches haven't really been a problem for me either

I agree with mainly being obligated to play ToT to unlock skins, brutalities etc.. and don't play online or practice against the Very Hard computer in klassic towers as much as I would like.

Another thing, why the HELL are brutalities not just active from the start? Brutalities I feel are mechanically essential to the game as you could create a strategy around using a specific brutality to win a match. Just dumb IMO

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Another thing, why the HELL are brutalities not just active from the start? Brutalities I feel are mechanically essential to the game as you could create a strategy around using a specific brutality to win a match. Just dumb IMO
What? Brutalities don’t affect gameplay one bit! they are basically short fatalities at the end of a match attached to a move...

AU_SUCK

MEOW
I don’t know about actually rewarding gear or skins, but I think it’s lame that you don’t even get credit towards Tower objectives like doing fatalities or spilling x amount of blood.

Also I think that you should be building credit towards all of those objectives right off the bat, instead of having to wait to unlock that specific tower to start working towards it. It makes the offline aspect so boring, especially the character specific towers.

I don’t know about actually rewarding gear or skins, but I think it’s lame that you don’t even get credit towards Tower objectives like doing fatalities or spilling x amount of blood.

Also I think that you should be building credit towards all of those objectives right off the bat, instead of having to wait to unlock that specific tower to start working towards it. It makes the offline aspect so boring, especially the character specific towers.
I don't know about fatalities online, that would be so annoying lol, but agree for brutals and other requirements. There is literally no incentive at all for playing online.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Pretty sure playing online counts towards your character ToT progression in terms of fatalities and brutalities and whatnot. It’s not that I hate the grinding of ToT. I just wish there were more skins as rewards so if in any case I miss it it’ll come back soon on rotation and I can grind for it then. Now with thousands of items on the list but only 5 per day on the premium store, it will take literally 2/3 of a year for just one item to rotate back in, assuming items don’t repeat.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
1000000% agree with you.. The longevity of the game is not in its single player game but in its competitive online experience. Players should 100% be rewarded for playing online. I think this is a huge oversight by the design team.

Good point OP

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Pretty sure playing online counts towards your character ToT progression in terms of fatalities and brutalities and whatnot. It’s not that I hate the grinding of ToT. I just wish there were more skins as rewards so if in any case I miss it it’ll come back soon on rotation and I can grind for it then. Now with thousands of items on the list but only 5 per day on the premium store, it will take literally 2/3 of a year for just one item to rotate back in, assuming items don’t repeat.

One of my Sonya towers requires me to spill 10,000 pints of blood so I went online in casual matches for three freaking hours and it didn’t go up at all. This is what I’m basing it off of so idk.