What's new

Player moves the same through all mk's

As some of you may know with the help of mk3fan I am converting my mk2 cabinet to a multi mk with mk, mk2, umk3 and mk4. I want to install a bezel decal sheet that shows all the players moves and fatalities. I was wondering if the players moves stayed the same from mk1 up to mk4? I really don't want to have to put up the same player more than once if I don't have to but I don't know if the moves varied from game to game. I can deal without having mk4 moves as I wont play that as much as the others.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Fatality83 said:
As some of you may know with the help of mk3fan I am converting my mk2 cabinet to a multi mk with mk, mk2, umk3 and mk4. I want to install a bezel decal sheet that shows all the players moves and fatalities. I was wondering if the players moves stayed the same from mk1 up to mk4? I really don't want to have to put up the same player more than once if I don't have to but I don't know if the moves varied from game to game. I can deal without having mk4 moves as I wont play that as much as the others.

You can fit EVERY player for EVERY MK on the bezel. I did it...

YourMKArcadeSource

Fatality83 said:
Mk3fan do you remember what font you used to print those out? Also did you use some kind of adhesive printer paper?
All the cards are sized at 2" (w) x 3" (h). I don't know the font but that size it good for them all to fit. Some have to go around the inner side of the bezel, but that's ok for me.

Yes, it's adhesive backed paper. Got it at Office Depot and just used my home printer.

YourMKArcadeSource

Fatality83 said:
Are you able to fit MK4 moves on there too?
Damn. Just realized you are correct on that. Completely forgot about MK4. I won't hold it against myself though as MANY people don't remember MK4. I MIGHT be able to fit them in there along the inside edge of the bezel by the monitor itself.

MK3fan said:
Damn. Just realized you are correct on that. Completely forgot about MK4. I won't hold it against myself though as MANY people don't remember MK4. I MIGHT be able to fit them in there along the inside edge of the bezel by the monitor itself.
I won't either as MK4 wasn't very popular. Ever hear of Ghostlord and see the bezels he sells? http://www.ghostlord.com/htm/arcade.htm I was originally thinking about getting all the bezels and just laying them on the glass and switching them out as I played different MK's but I may just put the MK1, MK2 & UMK character moves on the glass with the adhesive paper like you did and look up MK4 moves on the pc when I play that as I won't play it much and maybe not at all if I can't find an mk4 pcb. For being the worst arcade MK ever released and it being the most recent out of all the mk's you think there would be lots of MK4 pcbs for sale but they seem to be like the missing grail.

YourMKArcadeSource

Fatality83 said:
I won't either as MK4 wasn't very popular. Ever hear of Ghostlord and see the bezels he sells? http://www.ghostlord.com/htm/arcade.htm I was originally thinking about getting all the bezels and just laying them on the glass and switching them out as I played different MK's but I may just put the MK1, MK2 & UMK character moves on the glass with the adhesive paper like you did and look up MK4 moves on the pc when I play that as I won't play it much and maybe not at all if I can't find an mk4 pcb. For being the worst arcade MK ever released and it being the most recent out of all the mk's you think there would be lots of MK4 pcbs for sale but they seem to be like the missing grail.

Stay away from Ghostlord's bezels. They don't fit and take almost an inch of viewing area away. This is based on one I bought nearly 3 years ago, but they still look the same. I know fr a fact that the MK2 one MUST be cut up and re-situated to fit correctly. I think he has the incorrect measurements.

YourMKArcadeSource

Fatality83 said:
was that when he offered different size bezels for different screens. I see he offers several different sizes.

I bought the regular 25" one. It covered nearly 1" of viewing area and I had to cut some of the bezel up just to get it to fit inside the monitor area.

ok well thanks for the heads up. I was considering buying them. I thought they looked a little large on a picture of one installed. I will just print out the moves and stick them up on the glass.

ctozzi

Noob
i'm in the process of making custom correct fitting 25" bezels for each game with all the moves for that particular game. Stay tuned i'll post em here.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
ctozzi said:
i'm in the process of making custom correct fitting 25" bezels for each game with all the moves for that particular game. Stay tuned i'll post em here.
is there like a template somewhere for PS? like the bezel itself