What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Picking Up Special Forces

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
the biggest thing is knowing the timing on drone attacks. They don't buffer/cancel so you have to time them exactly when you eant the attack to come out. also you can start an attack, like an njp or a b2 before the low drone hits, so dont be afraid to press buttons before the low drone

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm not sure what exactly you're confused by so I'll take it from the beggining. You said setup combos so I assume you mean cancelling strings into drone specials.

If you're just starting to learn her then the forst thing to do is practice drone cancels in practice. Practice with b332 and b14 on hit. It's not like a special move where you can input all the moves in one fluid motion and it will come out. You almost want to input the drone attack one it looks like sonya has recovered from her string.

Once you've got the hang of that then try practicing it on a blocking opponent because the timing on hit is different to the timing on block.

Then once you've mastered that set ai to block random combo and try hit confirming on block and hit the correct timing for the special move.

It can take a bit of getting used to but I'm sure youll get it. If this hasn't asnwered your question then just ask again :)

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
*Reads title*

I feel bad for you. (I'm not saying SF is bad, I'm saying that the variation is so confusing to play as lol)

Hiyomoto

Noob
Well, I try my best to master all 3 variations and I use the drone in a rush down sort of way. Mixing up her regular strings like b14 blk+1 as a safe overhead ender and adding it to b322 and after conditioming them for the blast, I go for the 35 bnb with the low kami. Can even safely summon the drone on block with 111.

colby4898

Well, I try my best to master all 3 variations and I use the drone in a rush down sort of way. Mixing up her regular strings like b14 blk+1 as a safe overhead ender and adding it to b322 and after conditioming them for the blast, I go for the 35 bnb with the low kami. Can even safely summon the drone on block with 111.
It's about -16, so it's not safe. But if you manage to do Block+2 before you're punished it will stop their punish.

colby4898

So is the drone summon safe?
There is no safe way to activate it on block. I wrote a guide that covers pretty much everything you need to know you should check it out. If you have nay questions post on that thread, I don't feel the need to have the same conversation topic over 2 threads.

Hiyomoto

Noob
It's about -16, so it's not safe. But if you manage to do Block+2 before you're punished it will stop their punish.
Apologies for the mis information but a blocked 111 causes so much pushback that usually a drone summon is respected so my fault. Guess it shouldnt be.