What's new

Perfect Fatal Blow

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
One month in and apparently this is a thing!
Pressing 3 during each hit of a fatal blow increases the damage ... FOR FREE!

How it works:
Bad:
increase by 0.1%
Good: increase by 0.3%
Perfect: increase by 0.5%

Jade gets 6 extra hits
Regular FB does 32% (320)
Max damage is 35% (350)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
One month in and apparently this is a thing!
Pressing 3 during each hit of a fatal blow increases the damage ... FOR FREE!

How it works:
Bad:
increase by 0.1%
Good: increase by 0.3%
Perfect: increase by 0.5%

Jade gets 6 extra hits
Regular FB does 32% (320)
Max damage is 35% (350)

Same thing works on defence except it reduces the damage.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I had no idea they carried this over from Injustice 2. Off that they haven't mentioned this anywhere, at least not from what I know.

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
Do I need to post my "Bop" guide again in this thread?

How are people just learning this lol
I didn't know there were 3 levels to it :O and I actually thought the cracked skull meant that you were close but mistimed it and didn't get the damage (is that how it worked in Injustice 2?). I'm a scrub.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Another question. What happens if my opponent and I both get a hit right at the same time? Do they cancel out? How does that work?

I didn't know there were 3 levels to it :O and I actually thought the cracked skull meant that you were close but mistimed it and didn't get the damage (is that how it worked in Injustice 2?). I'm a scrub.
That's just it. No one mentioned what the symbols meant. It wasn't in the tutorials, it wasn't mentioned by NRS....Why is this one of those things we had to figure out on our own?

That's just it. No one mentioned what the symbols meant. It wasn't in the tutorials, it wasn't mentioned by NRS....Why is this one of those things we had to figure out on our own?
There's always things to discover in these games though. Toasty Boosts weren't discovered until nearly the end of Mortal Kombat (2011)'s life span!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Huh, I just watched the damage numbers when the fatal blow would end and determined myself that the blown apart skulls were doing more damage.

At first, I was just mashing X repeatedly, but I started noticing that I wasn't getting skulls a lot of the time. So then I tried timing it with the hits and boom that was it.

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
Huh, I just watched the damage numbers when the fatal blow would end and determined myself that the blown apart skulls were doing more damage.

At first, I was just mashing X repeatedly, but I started noticing that I wasn't getting skulls a lot of the time. So then I tried timing it with the hits and boom that was it.
I remember them saying in Injustice 2 that you couldn't mash it out; if it detected multiple inputs it wouldn't give it to you. Something like that. And, if I paid more attention then I could've clued in to the fact that the shattered skulls were doing more damage. My skarlet's-FB-does-so-much-damage-omg-and-barely-scales boner must have used all the blood in my brain.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I remember them saying Injustice 2 that you couldn't mash it out; if it detected multiple inputs it wouldn't give it to you. Something like that. And, if I paid more attention then I could've clued in to the fact that the shattered skulls were doing more damage. My skarlet's-FB-does-so-much-damage-omg-and-barely-scales boner must have used all the blood in my brain.
To be fair, I started with jax (not skarlet) so, it became kinda fun to mash along with the hits. Turns out that's how I was supposed to do it.

Plus skarlet's doesn't have a rhythm to it like jax or EB. (And I hardly ever get any skulls or shields on Kitana's)