What's new

people say zone w zatanna... how?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Ring toss is her only full screen projectile besides trait. The trait is good, would be better if they reduced chip damage and allowed us to block instead.

I throw a mb fireball, do trait. And my opponent just goes projectile crazy until the fireball catches up. No one respects it.

How have u guys played keep away?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
she can tele when in trait , it can help
also use DB1 to absorb projectiles and her electric shield attack which have armor to avoid teleports and things like aqaman trident
One more thing , guns are too fast so forget about using trait when you fight ds , harley ... too hard to react .

btw I agree that lower chip dmg and possibility to block / jump / duck during trait would make it a lot better

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I would say, it's more of a problem if they are in a corner. And use her rings, and the mb version of her rings. The fireball, I say depends on the speed in which you cast it out. I find it pretty redundant against teleport characters, like Ares, Scorpion, MMH, Batgirl, and Zatanna, since they can just get out of it easily. You can try zoning with her trait, and get meter that way as well as chipping them out, and if they come in you can do db3, since it has armor on it.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
she can tele when in trait , it can help
also use DB1 to absorb projectiles and her electric shield attack which have armor to avoid teleports and things like aqaman trident
One more thing , guns are too fast so forget about using trait when you fight ds , harley ... too hard to react .
She can also do smoke and mirrors in trait as well.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Just an idea for the Zatannas:
MB Fireball makes it so the opponent has to duck or avoid it without getting in (most characters). This time that the MB fireball is out could be used for zoning or even going into trait and zoning while in trait. For most characters it's just a downright momentum stopper.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Imo, (and I am not an expert, just theorizing) Zee's effective rages are from mid-range to fullscreen.
I say this because you have bf3 which has great range, bf2 which reaches a good distance and could be used as a zoning tool to get them away from you where you can use trait or start teleport mix-ups, smoke and mirrors may be able to get you in, do a combo then teleport out and trait to start chipping them. You can do levitate cancel feints and mix them up with Dive kick, perhaps even crossing up thru air teleports. Also, the fire breath can be used from mid-range after baiting wake ups if you teleport behind them as they are waking up. If they execute a move, you might be at decent range to hit with a regular fire kiss. Or MB Fire kiss on wake-up from sweep range or further back. She's lacking in good Anti-Air, so she'll need to do air-to-air to stop/stuff jump-ins. Levitate canceling is probably a good tool for this, as is Dive Kick since you cannot block in the air.
The rings are best from 3/4 to fullscreen so you can control their direction.

I have yet to test all of these things. They are theories, ideas and will hopefully get people thinking outside the box. Zee is built around Trickery and Illusions. Magicians take risks when doing certain tricks, and thus, so will Zee need to do to maximize her potential.
Imo, reading your opponent and knowing every single MU is critical to her game.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Reduce chip damage? Nah Its all good. She doesn't even so much damage without two meters and its her trait. There should be some uniqueness about it :)

skumz

Mb fireball slow version so that it serves as a shield and throw rings. If they rush in they have to guard both fireball and rings. Zatanna builds meter crazy fast so soon as your fireball fades you have another bar waiting to be fireball meter burned. If they some how get in teleport to the other side of the screen and continue the process. Zoning is not her problem at all, it is her weak normals. She gets demolished up close if you aren't careful.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I just want to point out that zoning doesn't necessarily mean you need to be full screen.

For example Sektor could actually zone some characters in MK fairly effectively with his flamethrower.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I just want to point out that zoning doesn't necessarily mean you need to be full screen.

For example Sektor could actually zone some characters in MK fairly effectively with his flamethrower.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. Thus, I feel Zee can zone somewhat with her 52 pick-up move and her Fire Kiss from outside jump distance.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Throwing rings and trying to read a dash, then doing trance works pretty well combined with teleporting.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Is her kind of trait's shield viable against teleports ?
I would think that depends on the teleport. I doubt it would be effective against D-Day's "Sheeva-drop," MMH's down teleport, Zee's own teleports in the air/levitate cancels or Raven's air teleports from overtop of Zee in Demon stance.
Against Ares you might have viability. This also raises the question about it being viable against BA's boot stomp at certain angles.
Definitely worth testing...

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I would think that depends on the teleport. I doubt it would be effective against D-Day's "Sheeva-drop," MMH's down teleport, Zee's own teleports in the air/levitate cancels or Raven's air teleports from overtop of Zee in Demon stance.
Are you saying it's useless for zoning ? :(

EMPEROR PRYCE

I've been doing a lot better. wat I do is zone w rings until they try to counter zone, teleport and whiff punish into vortex or trait. Depending on MU in trait I like to either completely zone or set up a fireball and absorb projectiles until they realize the fireball is close and then gain the advantage back by zoning. Her trait pillar is amazing up close.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Zatanna is not a zoning character. The trait is impractical in many matches. In fact, the trait is a poor version of Raven's. Raven has access to a safe full screen projectile that juggles with the use of meter, and Raven's trait has no absurd drawbacks. Zatanna's trait ought to be similar, but the chip damage and the meter gain would have to be normalized accordingly.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Zatanna is not a zoning character. The trait is impractical in many matches. In fact, the trait is a poor version of Raven's. Raven has access to a safe full screen projectile that juggles with the use of meter, and Raven's trait has no absurd drawbacks. Zatanna's trait ought to be similar, but the chip damage and the meter gain would have to be normalized accordingly.
So shes not zoning, and she definitely isn't a rush down character. What is she?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So shes not zoning, and she definitely isn't a rush down character. What is she?
In the NRS stream, she was basically described as a shenanigans character who stays away. Is "stay away" a synonym for zoning? Who knows. Perhaps NRS did not want to use the word "zoning" on the stream because it is considered a dirty word in this community.

I honestly believe that she is not that good at all. She has poor range on all normal attacks and the saving grace (i.e., trait) does not appear to be very good either. At this moment, I would say that she is the second worst DLC character after Lobo. Batgirl and General Zod are clearly the best.