What's new

PC troubleshooting, need help

Was hoping I didn't have to make a new thread for this.

My computer runs Injustice perfectly, max settings, smooth 60 FPS. It runs BF4 near max settings over 80 FPS no problems. FOR SOME REASON, all of my online matches have run at 30 FPS. Simply switching to the online menu frame locks the game at 30 FPS for the duration, not moving above this mark until I go back to offline modes, where I immediately have 60 FPS again.

So far the extent of the troubleshooting help I've received is "whatever it's not happening to me." Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause of this, or a possible solution? I was looking forward to getting into this game again, but the only mode that matters right now besides training mode is completely unplayable.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Im sorry but honestly there is no other explanation a side from that your computer cant manage stable 60 fps or all people (computers) you played don't have stable 60 fps.

For testing purposes you should just lower graphical options to minimum, including resolution and check if this is still happens.

Also people (PC players) should really stop using that most idiotic argument ever "my computer runs game X at 1000000 fps" this not a valid point. Different game types, different engines, way different way of handling mp gameplay and so on...

Mudrac

Noob
I also have this issue sometimes, still no luck finding an actual fix and I've been struggling with this problem since game launched on PC.
It's definitely not weak computer specs issue cause I have above requirements PC and the fact that I can run the game at 60 fps online if I manage to avoid 30fps menu lock pretty much tells that it's a port issue.

Few tips for people with this problem:
-As soon as you press online button and it starts connecting go alt+tab for like 5 seconds and when you come back it will most likely run just fine at 60fps. If it's still 30 in menu, restart game and repeat until it works (sometimes I even have to restart it 3 times to get it working right).
-If you wanna play private match with your friend tell him to send you invite (you will get invite in steam chat) so you can accept it without entering online menu.
-So far every time I've been in KOTH room and while I'm waiting for my turn, my fps is 30, but when I get to play my match it gets back to 60. So don't worry if you see 30fps while waiting for your match.