What's new

PC Mortal Kombat Trilogy Troubleshooting Issues.

So I recently acquired MK Trilogy for the PC through, well, let's say means that weren't the most legal of sorts :twisted: , mostly because I'd read somewhere online that said the PC version had built in netplay. The rar file has a XP patch in it and it says to run it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode, but when I click on install after clicking on the Autorun shortcut it tells me it can't find the specified file. So, o humble MK masters I ask you, what do I need to do to get this up and running? Does it actually have built in netplay? And can I somehow rig this to work with my stick via USB?

Kaiba

Noob
I really cannot answer the first question. It does have netplay but its direct from one computer to another. USB pads will work most of the time but there is a issue with the sound and USB pads.

iammud

Noob
I read in another post elsewhere that the developer of the XP/2000 patch will not be updating the patch because that usb/sfx bug is not fixable.
In my opinion the best way to fix this problem is to buy an ipac (obviously not the ve model).

As for running this game online you'll need a server. Any good gaming server should have an ipx emulator on it. Over a network is alot easier, just look up how you setup games like diablo on a network, same deal.

After you've installed the game and ran the patch you should be executing MKTRILW.EXE... which I think is located in C:\Games\MK_Tril