What's new

Paypal SMH...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
WARNING: If you feel like this doesn't deserve a thread feel free to have it closed but it's a rant that also has a question.

On April 26th 2012, I recieved an e-mail from paypal saying along the lines of "the amount of money you're supposed to recieve in the transaction will be postponed".

I don't know how I'll organize this chronologically so I'll just enumerate with with points

1)The money that I was supposed to recieve I had already recieved 4 months before that e-mail.In fact, I used that money to order my xTokki360's which are great.

2)By the time I recieved this email I had $3 on my PayPal (Bought some steam games , Donated to the Kombat Network stream to play Tom Brady , Donated to win a raffle , Donated to get U4G and F0xy to EVO).So when they "postponed" the transaction it actually meant they took away money from my account.So I have now negative amount of money on my Paypal

3)The reason this happened is because a close friend of mine makes money online by running a server on various games (KAL , MineCraft , etc).So he was the one who gave me the money in exchange I paid him in cash in person. And various assholes that play on his servers file complaints when they make purchases to troll / scam / blackmail / whatever.And at one point Paypal has to investigate due to the many people have filed.

Take note that my friend suffers from this more than I am because I only have $-37 while he has $-5000. And since he's running multiple servers he has to pay for those and make money from them too and he's unable to do both.

4)Well the problem is, Paypal takes so long to investigate and resolve the problem that it is causing both me and my friend to make purchases online.I'm just lucky that Jer is able to pre-register for me to Toryuken.

And the question is: Is there a way to make it so that this problem gets resolved faster?

PS: This wasn't the first time this happened to my friend and when he phone Paypal they litterally told him: "We try to keep hold of the money as long as possible"...WTF

Mr. Mileena

Warrior
When you donated, were you sure to include the money being sent, as a "gift"

if not the money will more than likely get reviewed.

aj1701

Warrior
The solution is not to use PayPal. No, seriously. They are known for stunts like this, and really ought to be used only as a last resort. I only ever use them absolutely when needed, and even then I try use it just as a credit card processor, not keep any kind of balance with them.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The solution is not to use PayPal. No, seriously. They are known for stunts like this, and really ought to be used only as a last resort. I only ever use them absolutely when needed, and even then I try use it just as a credit card processor, not keep any kind of balance with them.
Thing is, I don't have neither a debit card nor a credit card.Too lazy to get one too.So the way I make my online purchases is with Paypal and my friend giving me the money and I personally pay him in exchange.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I recently have used my PP account more and the damn thing keeps glitching on me with "deposit" amount so I said fuck it, and just transferred my money into my other accounts to access it. So stupid...it's good for some reasons, but could be easier for some other things.