What's new

PAX Prime "Beat the Pros" ft. KDZ, Filthierich, FChamp, Gootecks, and More

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Seattle's PAX Prime is nearly upon us (August 30-Sept. 2), and in addition to their usual lineup of games and exhibits, they are holding a special "Beat the Pros Live!" event, featuring some of the competitive gaming community's recognizable names. In addition to Injustice's EVO Champion KDZ, PAX's website lists the following players:

Greg “Idra” Fields, “Filthie” Rich Bantegui, Ryan “The Filipino Champ” Ramirez, Travis Gafford, Ryan “Gootecks” Gutierrez, Evo World Fighting Game Champion for Injustice: Gods Among Us, “EMP KDZ” of Empire Arcadia: Guinness Book of World Record most winning video game team in the world, and more!

Featured games are: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Injustice, SF4, and Starcraft II (and we'd expect Killer Instinct as well, given Filthierich's inclusion).

Want to try your hand at beating the Superman of America? Venture on down to the Serpent Theatre at Seattle's Washington State Convention Center on Sunday, September 1st from 12:00-2:00 PM.

For more information, visit the PAX site here:
http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/beat-the-pros

Attachments

It would be hilarious to see an unknown superman player beat KDZ.
That's be interesting, but I have my doubts. My wife was at Comic-Con when they had the Beat Tom Brady at Injustice promo to win an XB1/PS4. She said no one even came close. Tom Brady just murdered all comers. These guys are champs for a reason: they are damn good.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Siiiiike Gootecks garbage forever
there was a modded advertisement of daigo advertising fight sticks

when it came to the " hanging with the pros but not really knowing what to do in the game" fightstick it had gooteckss face on it

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I wish it was Tom Brady so I could say, "BUT TOOOMMMMM YOU USE AQQQQQQUAAAAMAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!"

And watch his head scratching and neck rubbing go bizarro.