What's new

Paulo Garcia confirms partially invincible back dashes

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

So as we know, backdashes use meter from the Endurance Meter. This was probably inplemented to maintain MK's offensive frame trap style while still giving more options for escape aside from just risking a huge combo by poking out.

With the greatly improved walkspeeds and run option too I think this was the way to go.

You could still cancel forward dashes into run then immediately attack, but canceling an invincible backdash into an attack would be pretty OP.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Sick, that should the game so much better. It's like Injustice where you have to commit to the dash. They made that concept return, but less annoying.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
This is awesome. Invincible backdashes, good walkspeeds and running. All these movement options is going to make for a fantastic neutral game, I can't wait :)
My thoughts EXACTLY.

The footsies in this game will be super aggressive and interesting with that walk speed buff especially. The run mechanic is just icing on the cake.

This will make the neutral game like Street fighter but with MK normals and INSANE whiff punishes.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
So, is he answering the questions one after the next or is he saying "yes, i'll answer your question: the answer is no"
He answered my original two questions.

The first question asked by Nick was just him reposting my 2 questions.

He didn't anwser Nick though, he tagged me so he definitely just answered my 2 questions.